Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2016 Obs

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a light shower here.  It dropped the temp from 92 to 79.  Now the sun is back out and after that little shower the DP rose to 78.5.  Ugh.  At the moment the temp is rising.  91º  HI 108.2º.  Double ugh.

Here I am ready to take one of my dogs for a walk.

orig.jpg

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I didn't get close to 100º due to an afternoon shower.  The heat index topped out at 109.7º which was the highest in several years here.

I think this day turned out 2-3 degrees cooler than forecast for most of us. I get the feeling tomorrow may be different though.

42 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

91 / dp 77 / HI 105.

The week looks like it'll get worse every day. Glad I outsourced cutting the grass this year.

This entire summer has been miserable but The heat and humidity the last several days here has been absolutely unbearable. I've had some modest rains the over the past several days and each time the day after is so unbearably humid that it makes it hard to even breath. This morning I had a dewpoint of 80 around 9am. Right now it's 93/77 with a HI of 107. After a small break yesterday where I only managed to 92  thanks to early convection once again expect temps back in the upper 90s to ...and that's pretty much the same story day after day.  I am having fall and winter withdrawals so bad right now i might have to go to rehab lol

91/79=107......went out for lunch came home and the house was warm.....was 81 in the house, went outside and yep the coil is frozen.....so I took the garden hose turned it on nd left it in the sun and every 10 mins I go blast the coil so now its no longer frozen and blowing cool again but I doubt it makes up much ground today....temp is still 80 in the house ugh.

NWS nailed the possibility of this happening earlier in there discussion. I thought they were crazy for keeping that flash flood watch up and Tropical storm warning. It all verified now.

Radar is incredible right now east of here. An inch of rain here so far. 7 inches around Honolulu and still going strong.

Archived