SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on last night, easterners, and good luck with a round 2 today.

Another complete shut-out in GC.  Living weather vicariously is what we do out here the last couple years.  Parents out here tell their kids stories of raging blizzards and thunderstorms.  The stories scare the kids; of course the parents know those only happen everywhere else.

What a hot night--only got to 70.6.  Glad I had my fan--kept it comfy.

9 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I agree...I kept missing the cells.  I had one quick downpour that started as quickly as it ended and one clap of lightning.  I could hear thunder elsewhere just not here.  I did manage to pick up 0.10"...how did you do do?

That cell that moved over BDL blew up as it hit Tolland/Ellington. Had some nice gusts well into the 40's with usual twig/leaf damage mess.  Snip area got crushed with a tre on a house and my wife's fathers area of town by Gehring Rd had trees and wires down all over and still no power. The light show was unreal. It was non stop CG..One after another. Quick hitter.

.23 of rain

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Skunked

AWT

The weather in our part of SNE is as mundane as the weather in San Diego.  Really nice and comfortable, but boring as all hell.

Hot one incoming.  Already 75/60 and it's only 9:00a.m., but there's a great comfortable breeze already.  We'll see if we can top yesterday's 87.5.

Drove around the area this morning and there was actually quite a bit more damage than I thought. On my street alone there were 2 large trees that came down. Multiple large branches (> 6" diameter) down on my street as well. Saw siding blown off of a house a couple streets over too. You go a mile north and there's nothing but a few small branches and twigs down. Got lucky a pretty good sized branch just missed our new car by about 10 feet. No hail damage from what I can see either. 

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Pretty good rain yesterday in northern and southern Maine.  Central Maine was essentially shut out.  Had 0.01" in the little AM shower, then nada.  No reason to think today will be any different, but we can hope.

0.15" on the batch that rolled thru around 1:30 am this morning, Pretty meh

12 hours ago, Modfan said:

Listening scanner, hearing alot of trees down in Rt 101 area near Pomfret/Killingly line

About a 1 mile stretch (Rogers) was just completely inundated with downed trees, all 3 side roads leading out of the village were buried as well. The FD, CTDOT and Town of Killingly highway did a great job of opening back up. Eversource and Asplundh are in town now in force working to restore services

1 minute ago, kbc360 said:

About a 1 mile stretch (Rogers) was just completely inundated with downed trees, all 3 side roads leading out of the village were buried as well. The FD, CTDOT and Town of Killingly highway did a great job of opening back up. Eversource and Asplundh are in town now in force working to restore services

Pics?

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pics?

I'll try to do a few later, MB size too big and nighttime didn't lend itself to good shots. I honestly haven't seen this much tree damage in my tiny little corner of the world since Gloria in 85

49 minutes ago, kbc360 said:

Crushed phew that was close I was in RI hoping that missed Back home nada

Archived