Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

17 hours ago, Rjay said:

The sky is bright pink.  Taken with my cell phone...

20160725_201540.jpg

20160725_201607.jpg

I saw a very similar sight over the trees here in central NJ.  Was too late for a pic.  These are great!

Been back in Central NJ since 2004, and yesterday's storm(s) are the best so far.  2+" and long lasting.  Princeton to my north got pummeled even more, I think.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th longest heatwave of the 2000's so far for LGA. Today marks the 6th 90 degree day in a row there.

LGA has a shot at second place for the 2000's with 2 more 90's before all the convection the models have for Friday.

Longest heatwaves For LGA during 2000's:

9 days...AUG/2002

8 days...JUL/AUG/2002

7 days...JUL/2013/2010/2008

6 days...JUL/2016

It will fail to hit above 80 for a few days with entrenched mP Gulf of Maine high locked in Sunday through Wednesday. Maybe socked in upper 60's and stratus. It will cool big time for NYC. This is model supported.  Let's talk after this verifies too... Looking like classic backdoor mP Atlantic vomit pattern for a few days right now.  

3 hours ago, stemwinder said:

I saw a very similar sight over the trees here in central NJ.  Was too late for a pic.  These are great!

Been back in Central NJ since 2004, and yesterday's storm(s) are the best so far.  2+" and long lasting.  Princeton to my north got pummeled even more, I think.

Fantastic photos.

18 minutes ago, dWave said:

Heat wave ends today in central park?

High 88..unless it gets to 90 btwn 4 and 5pm. Seems unlikely. 

i don't blame the rain for not hitting 90..there was hours of to many clouds blocking the sun.. a full day of sunshine we would have been a few degrees over 90 today...

850mb temperatures must have been slightly cooler than progged today. My high was 89.1F. Four consecutive 90s, and now 11 on the season. Need another 6-7 or so to make average, which will be easy. Get ready for a continued very warm pattern through August and likely September. I think we'll be adding 90 degree days well into September this year.

14 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Of courseee the park just missed 90 smh

Im unsually disapointed. I started taking it for granted after the last several days. I wanted to see a 7 - 8 day heat wave. Oh well, LGA is my closest reporting station so i'll go with that. 

20 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

850mb temperatures must have been slightly cooler than progged today. My high was 89.1F. Four consecutive 90s, and now 11 on the season. Need another 6-7 or so to make average, which will be easy. Get ready for a continued very warm pattern through August and likely September. I think we'll be adding 90 degree days well into September this year.

i think that strong mcs played a role

Archived