SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a bit of a break from heat after Thursday for a few days before its back next mid week.

if BOS hits 90 today would be day 4.  88 so far but it's been steady so we'll see.  My guess is it misses.   If it does however we're in line to have 6-8 consecutive aoa 90-that's impressive for this area.

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like a bit of a break from heat after Thursday for a few days before its back next mid week.

if BOS hits 90 today would be day 4.  88 so far but it's been steady so we'll see.  My guess is it misses.   If it does however we're in line to have 6-8 consecutive aoa 90-that's impressive for this area.

Will be close...32C in between hourlies at BOS so either 89/90 so far.

you guys buyin' the 92 followed by 71 the next day on the Euro?  

thing is, ...philosophically one should have no trouble with a cool down - it's not going to be 90+ for the rest of the summer at our particular lat/log.  as well, no should have qualms about us shedding huge numbers in short periods of time - what with the ocean right there.. 

but, the Euro's synoptic evolution beyond D4 looks absurd.  D5, it literally generates  frontal tapestry underneath us and I can't really see much mechanical forcing for it - but that of course instantiates a driving E component, which is the source for all the wipe out in abrupt fashion.  D4 it goes from nothing with 850's 18 to 20 C to a icestorm look - ha out of no where.  

Some folks didn't buy the silly talk of no big heat. Pattern recognition showed there would be several days of 95-100 and a long, long stretch of 90's..If you knew what to look for..the signs were there.

All that being said. anyone trying to sell a big cold down with 70's and low 80's at least thru the next 7-10 days. Don't buy. Sell. It's an AN pattern..that looks to have high dews..but perhaps less big heat  

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some folks didn't buy the silly talk of no big heat. Pattern recognition showed there would be several days of 95-100 and a long, long stretch of 90's..If you knew what to look for..the signs were there.

All that being said. anyone trying to sell a big cold down with 70's and low 80's at least thru the next 7-10 days. Don't buy. Sell. It's an AN pattern..that looks to have high dews..but perhaps less big heat  

1270.jpg

ORH looks to have popped 90 again...

Logan can't presently escape the cold tentacles of the Atlantic ... distracting that site from the truth.  as near-by as Blue Hill is gusting SW at 22 mph and that usually enough.  they'll probably flip at like 5 pm or something and soar to 95 as the Cambridge urban fart rips seaward - kind of waiting on a diffused warm boundary of all things.  

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pattern recognition my a$$... its warm season +KFS :lol:.

My high yesterday was in the 70s...today 82F so far but currently 76F so doubt we'll go higher than low 80s.  I think its safe to say there could be areas of New England that see those temperatures you mention (70s and low 80s) from time to time, haha. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Pattern recognition my a$$... its warm season +KFS :lol:.

He was calling for big heat since the 2nd half of April. He isn't fooling anyone. :lol:

I agree with tip though that there could be another pulse of decent heat sometime in early August. There's a decent signal for the ridge rolling over the top of the Midwest/Great Lakes...usually that's going to get big heat pretty close, its just a question of whether it gets squashed to our southwest at the last second or not...we saw that a lot during this month before this past week finally got us a better bite.

28 minutes ago, Michael05192016 said:

After early August the sun angle starts sucking like a Hoover vac and the heat of summer wanes with useless spent green foliage until the autumn winds bite, changes the leaf color and strips those trees naked for the winter. 

right - summer's over and we've been sharing PMs about it.  it's awesome.

in fact top analogs have frost on August 10 ... soon we'll be wearing pull over fleece, sipping cina-drinks in the tepid yellow sun of autumn, while the smell of wood smoke heralds the era of Michael05192016 reminding us that there will be no winter for ...who can guess why -  ... 

dude, definitely keep us updated on your thoughts - 

1 hour ago, Michael05192016 said:

After early August the sun angle starts sucking like a Hoover vac and the heat of summer wanes with useless spent green foliage until the autumn winds bite, changes the leaf color and strips those trees naked for the winter. 

August is nearly as warm a month as July. Even if it's just average, most of us in SNE will see 3-5 more 90+ days after July. July may be in its final week, but summer is far from over. I don't know about where you are, but in southern Connecticut foliage doesn't really get going until well into October, and those trees won't be completely stripped until November. That's a long way off.

39 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

90F here even in my hood.   Three out of four days. 5 since Memorial Day weekend.  That's a tough thing to get here

best summer ever for a new pool and screen porch.   But damn we need rain

That is impressive for your neighborhood. I consider that area around Petersham/New Salem to be one of the cooler hilltown spots of C MA.  Where are you in relation to Rt 101?

Has MPM's  house ever hit 90F?  Not just this year but ever?

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That is impressive for your neighborhood. I consider that area around Petersham/New Salem to be one of the cooler hilltown spots of C MA.  Where are you in relation to Rt 101?

Probably only on days when CEF and BAF were 99 or better I'd say.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I honestly had to look up Rte 101 in my area.  Part of it goes into Gardner and I'm a little SW of that. I'm south of Rte 2 by a few miles 4 or 5 I think)

Archived