Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

two feet of snow pretty much paralyzes a metropolis for days.  A string of 95 plus days with high humidity doesnt...unless you are talking blackout which could also happen with a blizzard so that negates each other.  Yes moving about is easier at 95 than 0. I mean thats pretty much acceptable and hard to argue with. You can do plenty of things when its hot like go to a beach, swim in the lake or waterpark. Trying having fun outside when its 0. You can hit the bars at night down the shore with the ladies..trying doing that at 0

Although 95+ with high humidity might not technically paralyze the area, it does limit people's activities no matter what you want to believe. Even beach folks said it was too much and took the weekend off. Everyone I spoke to the past week about this weather have all said that they are staying inside in the a/c and not doing anything. I even know a few people that took off from outside work this weekend. Not sure where this 0 degree comparison comes in. In fact it's a very stupid analogy.  We get to 0 degrees once every 20 or so years around here and even when it does, it's only for an hour or two so your argument makes no sense. And also when we get 2' snowstorms most of us are free to move about within a day or so because we pay people like you to remove the snow. I've never heard someone complain and b**ch as much as you about snow when you make money off of people in the winter. Be grateful you have some work in the winter courtesy of snow. I'll happily take your plowing accounts off your hands if you really hate it that much

I have friends in the marine/fishing business and this weather puts a dent in their bottom line just too hot to go fishing.                                                                                                Plus all the outside restaurants should of been busier.

12 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Although 95+ with high humidity might not technically paralyze the area, it does limit people's activities no matter what you want to believe. Even beach folks said it was too much and took the weekend off. Everyone I spoke to the past week about this weather have all said that they are staying inside in the a/c and not doing anything. I even know a few people that took off from outside work this weekend. Not sure where this 0 degree comparison comes in. In fact it's a very stupid analogy.  We get to 0 degrees once every 20 or so years around here and even when it does, it's only for an hour or two so your argument makes no sense. And also when we get 2' snowstorms most of us are free to move about within a day or so because we pay people like you to remove the snow. I've never heard someone complain and b**ch as much as you about snow when you make money off of people in the winter. Be grateful you have some work in the winter courtesy of snow. I'll happily take your plowing accounts off your hands if you really hate it that much

Not all.  I for one, took Friday off from work to get an extra beach day in the heat. I would say the beach was a little bit less crowded than usual for a weekend though. 

58 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Latest weeklies are cool in the Central US with a sliver of above normal temps  holding on along the East Coast right through the end of September.

But the major heat that we saw in late July and the first half of August is done for the season after this week.It has just enough of a WAR hanging on

to our east to keep the means above normal here. Pacific pattern goes from La Nina NPAC ridge back to +PDO Aleutian trough.

Tropics look active off East Coast in September with a big heavy rainfall blob....but stay tuned for tracks either OTS or impacting land or both.

the current ridging was underestimated by all the models until we got within a week of it happening 

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Latest weeklies are cool in the Central US with a sliver of above normal temps  holding on along the East Coast right through the end of September.

But the major heat that we saw in late July and the first half of August is done for the season after this week.It has just enough of a WAR hanging on

to our east to keep the means above normal here. Pacific pattern goes from La Nina NPAC ridge back to +PDO Aleutian trough.

Climo as well.   Average high temps begin to drop off steadily over the next few weeks as sunset time and sunrise time suggest we are losing 2+ minutes a day of sunlight right now.   While we could have some possible big +deparatures, the absolute temps will be dropping for sure.

Locally I'm at 6:04 sunrise and 7:50 sunset, down from 5:23-8:29 in late June

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Climo as well.   Average high temps begin to drop off steadily over the next few weeks as sunset time and sunrise time suggest we are losing 2+ minutes a day of sunlight right now.   While we could have some possible big +deparatures, the absolute temps will be dropping for sure.

Locally I'm at 6:04 sunrise and 7:50 sunset, down from 5:23-8:29 in late June

If the ensembles are correct about the big pattern change over the North Pacific, the WAR will get pushed east and we will be on the Western periphery

instead of right under the center of it. My guess is above normal departures here, but lower than the last 30 days.

8 minutes ago, bluewave said:

If the ensembles are correct about the big pattern change over the North Pacific, the WAR will get pushed east and we will be on the Western periphery

instead of right under the center of it. My guess is above normal departures here, but lower than the last 30 days.

could also be wet.  If we're on the western edge, that would suggest a moist southerly flow and perhaps a visit from the tropics.

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

could also be wet.  If we're on the western edge, that would suggest a moist southerly flow and perhaps a visit from the tropics.

Yeah, the EPS weeklies through the end of September have a giant 25"+ rainfall blob just off the East Coast for the fishes.

Looking forward to tracking something real as we head into fall. The phantom convection is getting old. As of last night we looked good for some morning boomers, but instead the entire metro area is bone dry. Really getting old. I recognize that some areas have gotten hit hard often lately, but for others this summer has been bore, notwithstanding a few direct  hits IMBY, of course when i was at work. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived