Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

26 minutes ago, SnowBlitzkrieg said:

exactly 6 months ago we had -15 degree wind chills, today we have a 110 degree heat index

it was worse in 1918 and 1934...both years went from -13 and -15 in the winter to 104 and 101 in the summer...

1918 heat...

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-08-08/ed-1/seq-1/

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-08-08/ed-1/seq-14/

1934 heat...

http://bklyn.newspap...image/59997741/

http://bklyn.newspap.../image/59997755

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't know how people can enjoy heat like this. I'm okay with low 90s, but beyond that is just too much. I guess it's enjoyable so that it gives an "extreme" to experience. I hate not being able to go outside between 10am-8pm without losing a gallon of sweat and chugging water, all the while making sure you have SPF 30+ on to avoid being fried in 15 minutes (the sun is worse down here). But take what you experienced over the past couple of days and expand that into the 4-5 months it lasts down here, and I guarantee you'll be miserable. 

17 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

to each his own...im loving every minute of it....I cant believe people like 5 degrees and two feet of snow where you cant travel anywhere...at least  with the heat you can get into your car and go somewhere..two feet of snow is worthless

Just how we can't believe you like 95/75/110. Much more ridiculous than 2 feet of snow.

6 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

to each his own...im loving every minute of it....I cant believe people like 5 degrees and two feet of snow where you cant travel anywhere...at least  with the heat you can get into your car and go somewhere..two feet of snow is worthless

Both options sound absolutely awesome to me :-)

6 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

The metric for enjoying a certain type of weather is whether you can travel in it? What in the hell?

Yeah idk how any of this is enjoyable. At least in winter you can add layers if you're cold. This weather is impossible to sleep in if you don't have a/c. Can't do anything in this weather. Working outside is horrible. I think I was the only idiot actually working yesterday as I didn't see any landscaping, construction, road workers, etc out working. Absolutely disgusting and can't wait for it to break. 

2 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Yeah idk how any of this is enjoyable. At least in winter you can add layers if you're cold. This weather is impossible to sleep in if you don't have a/c. Can't do anything in this weather. Working outside is horrible. I think I was the only idiot actually working yesterday as I didn't see any landscaping, construction, road workers, etc out working. Absolutely disgusting and can't wait for it to break. 

Who wants to dress in layers? Everyone's different, but for me this is a walk in the park compared to temperatures under 40 degrees.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yea the wx did remind me a bit of the Yankees season .... ;)

It really was about as uncomfortable as it gets around here.  Yea, there's been worse but this still sucked.

The Yanks are pretty bad and they're still only 6.5 back.

two feet of snow pretty much paralyzes a metropolis for days.  A string of 95 plus days with high humidity doesnt...unless you are talking blackout which could also happen with a blizzard so that negates each other.  Yes moving about is easier at 95 than 0. I mean thats pretty much acceptable and hard to argue with. You can do plenty of things when its hot like go to a beach, swim in the lake or waterpark. Trying having fun outside when its 0. You can hit the bars at night down the shore with the ladies..trying doing that at 0

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived