• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

the only July day in my lifetime that had a max below 70 with Sunny skies all day was on 7/5/1979...69/53.....

I remember that day,think it rained on the 4th? Friends in ME had their wood stove going LoL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only July day in my lifetime that had a max below 70 with Sunny skies all day was on 7/5/1979...69/53.....

Now that would be a day to remember.  I was in the Bay Area at that time, where below 70 highs are the norm.  ( :> )    - I would have loved that day in the NYC area.

I rejoice when a fair day in July doesn't exceed 80, let alone 70.  Not sure there have been any since I returned, but the summer of 2004 may have had one or two.  

Meanwhile, it's 2016 . . .   

Now that would be a day to remember.  I was in the Bay Area at that time, where below 70 highs are the norm.  ( :> )    - I would have loved that day in the NYC area.

I rejoice when a fair day in July doesn't exceed 80, let alone 70.  Not sure there have been any since I returned, but the summer of 2004 may have had one or two.  

Meanwhile, it's 2016 . . .   

July of 2009 had a 74 and a 77 degree day, both of which saw no precip. Whether they were sunny or not I cannot recall. There were other days that month <80 but they saw rain

July of 2009 had a 74 and a 77 degree day, both of which saw no precip. Whether they were sunny or not I cannot recall. There were other days that month <80 but they saw rain

Thanks for that info.  2009 also saw one or more coastals, if I remember.  Not sure about the temps in Central NJ, but that must be my favorite summer from recent years.  A lot of people were grumbling, of course, because of that same thing.  They will be happy this summer, no doubt.  

I remember that day,think it rained on the 4th? Friends in ME had their wood stove going LoL

the year before on July 4th 1978 the max/min was 62/58 with light rain all day...I was in the Poconos that day and it was near 50 with light rain...

Coolest daily max...

61 7/06/1956

62 7/04/1978

62 7/05/1882

62 7/25/1871

63 7/09/1964

64 7/03/1914

64 7/04/1941

64 7/05/1956

64 7/11/1917

66 7/05/1972

66 7/08/2005

66 7/21/1956

If you think that's muggy...

The 90F with 77F dewpoint we had here Memorial Day weekend (between the bouts of flooding rain where the sun would peek out for an hour or two) was pretty disgusting. We've already fairly routinely had upper 80s to 90 with lower 70s dewpoints. 

People have said to me "you live in Texas, it's a dry heat". Try it out down here from now through October... :axe:

Disgusting muggy outside to start June ahead of a cold front. 74/65 in the park.

I miss NYC summers..... :(

And I absolutely can't believe I'm saying that. The worst heat index I experienced in Manhattan was the average here last summer. At least those heat waves lasted only a few days or so. Here it's a few months. 

I miss NYC summers..... :(

And I absolutely can't believe I'm saying that. The worst heat index I experienced in Manhattan was the average here last summer. At least those heat waves lasted only a few days or so. Here it's a few months.

The droughts will make their comeback.

The 90F with 77F dewpoint we had here Memorial Day weekend (between the bouts of flooding rain where the sun would peek out for an hour or two) was pretty disgusting. We've already fairly routinely had upper 80s to 90 with lower 70s dewpoints. 

People have said to me "you live in Texas, it's a dry heat". Try it out down here from now through October... :axe:

Yea, that is muggy.  Eastern TX is the tropics.

we don't see heat and cold in the Summer like we used to...July 4th 1986 had a record low of 55 but two days later there was a record high of 98...Now we get record highs and cool days are cloudy and damp...July and August are not getting cool spells like they used to...

That ridge over the Desert SW really means business.

500mb heights of 594dm on Saturday would end up being in the 99th climatological
percentile according to the NAEFS Mean while also showing record or
near record high 850mb temps of 32-33C.

This impressively strong ridge will likely result in record
temperatures starting Friday and maybe even the earliest 115F day for
Phoenix (current record for first 115F day is June 7). Highs Friday
should easily top 110F across all of the lower deserts with some
spots hitting 113-114. Saturday still looks to be the hottest day
with widespread 112-115 degree readings. Saturday`s highs should
easily break records at both Phoenix and Yuma.

we don't see heat and cold in the Summer like we used to...July 4th 1986 had a record low of 55 but two days later there was a record high of 98...Now we get record highs and cool days are cloudy and damp...July and August are not getting cool spells like they used to...

We haven't had that many 100+ days either.

It seems the summer pattern has been consistently above normal as of late with little in the way of extremes. 2013 and 2014 were pretty bland summers. Last year did have a very hot Aug/Sept.

Archived