Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If you're on the far E side of Tobbyhanna it's kinda showing up.

es.jpg

nope,  like I said it's been constant for hours.   at most, that radar event just shows a passing shower.

the tops can't be seen by radar when u have low-level events like this.   just like in the winter with low-topped squalls.   2100 feet, messes with radar. 

orographic lift as well.

4 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Just reviewing posts here...

surprised no mention of the complete devastation down in Ellicot City, MD!!

Just incredible!! http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/photos-heavy-storms-cause-majo/59119327

yet climate change deniers will say nothings abnormal about these types of rainfall rates.

Strange there has been almost exactly a one year break from wet times and the big rain train events from last July up until now. 

Don't like the look of the radar presently in eastern PA it's rather ominous, extremely sluggish moving heavy showers. Storms currently approaching NW quadrant of Berks have incredible rates with them.

Just saw the twitter video of the girl being heroically rescued from a rushing torrent before the car is swept away. What was she thinking as she faced death? Must save the smart phone and keep it dry sticking it in her mouth. Humanity is doomed it's all over.

13 minutes ago, Bacon Strips said:

tempted to storm chase over to the town north of here...their gettin absolutely clobbered. 

Gouldsboro.. 5 inches already i'm guessin.. 

Go for it!

I have a magnetic force around my area preventing storms.

Overcast and decently cool all day w/occasional mist/light light rain. Better than sunny, super muggy and hot.

JUST IN! Glenn unveiling Storm Ranger 10! First day! Means nothing to many of us on this board because we are usually ahead of the mainstream. Gimmick. And yes, Storm Ranger 10!!!

sr10.jpg

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

JUST IN! Glenn unveiling Storm Ranger 10! First day! Means nothing to many of us on this board because we are usually ahead of the mainstream. Gimmick. And yes, Storm Ranger 10!!!

They really bought a doppler on wheels?  They said it will "fill in the gaps."  With KDIX, KDOX, and TPHL, there really aren't that many gaps.  From that image, it looks like they're using it near me.  About 35 miles from KDIX and 15 miles from TPHL.  lol  

And this isn't Oklahoma.  How many open areas can they find to even use the thing?  I see a bunch of buildings and trees getting in the way.  Plus, it'll probably be stuck in traffic most of the time.  haha

Archived