• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

Got a nice thundershower here about 30 minutes ago, about 0.28" of rain, also knocked the temp. down to a current 74F :-).

See dark clouds and hear thunder again off to the west, but looking at the radar we'll probably get clipped or just miss the northeastern  edge of it. Looking pretty healthy for someone like chubbs or northern Delaware..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

94.8F / DP 64F

Oddly enough today is like a Winter/January day w/high temps in the single digits for the simple fact no one is outside, garage doors are shut and zero noise. (besides A/C's) Just went to get the mail and utter silence/no people out like a ghost town.

People need to toughen up I been outside with kids running around all afternoon lol

92.7 for my high 

Got another 0.11" here, total of 0.39" for the day. High for today here was 94F, the warmest of the season to date. Currently 74F.

I was out of town earlier this week and missed Monday's rain - came home Tuesday night and had exactly 2.0" in the rain gauge. Nice, except that I missed it....looks like most of it fell between 3 and 4 pm, looking at the archived radar. I imagine about 0.50" of that made it into the ground (for watering purposes, still trying to keep the grass sort of green here).

Looks like I maxed at 91.5 this afternoon in NW Chesco, HX about the same at 92.   3rd day in a row of 90+, albeit low 90's.

Would think that when averages are calculated using the 1981-2010 data, PHL's average high temperature in mid-late July

is going to be very close to 90 making the 3 days of 90 or greater heat wave definition even more ludicrous.

7 hours ago, iceman56 said:

Bottomed out at 64.8 this morning after yesterday's high of 92.6, max HX 99.   Not a drop of rain here, holding at 1.11" for the month.

It got down to 62 this morning after yesterdays 99 here in my backyard. That 99 I think was the result of humidity that was 23%, or a DP of only 54, which, like in Arizona, allows for temps to really spike.

Interesting the rain discrepancy between me and you. As of today, I've received 5.42" this month. A lot of that came from a deluge we got 2 weeks ago that put down 2 inches in about 45 minutes, and a day last week that featured three storms giving us another 1.5 inches.

Sadly here in NW Chester County PA we only reached 88.3 here today after yesterday's first 90 at (89.9) in over 3 years - KMQS did reach 89 today but again no heat waves in NW Chester County in the last 5 years. It would seem tomorrow we may actually record an above 90+ reading for the first time in more than 3 years!!...I am counting on not too much convective debris in the AM from storms tonight to prevent the rise....we shall see - fingers crossed as a 90+ day here in the hills of NW Chesco remain so friggin difficult!

T-storm overnight dropped 1.13" here in NW Chesco - making this our largest daily rain since May 6th when 1.31" fell. Also gets our July rainfall to just above normal at 3.53" so far. YTD still 1.73" below normal at 25.85"

Unfortunately would bet this could hurt our chances at our first above 90 here in over 3 years. Wxsim had forecasted a high of 94 here today with the latest run it only has us getting to 87 today and only one day (Thursday) getting to the 90 degree mark at 90.2. Of interest it does have about 3" of rain forecasted on Friday

Archived