• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Is the ENTIRE city of Phoenix, Arizona flat as a pancake? And a few more questions?

Jeff6742

I am curious because I AM moving to Phoenix this summer, not sure where.

Anyway, I just want some experts to answer my question in detail. That would help a lot.

Question 1: Is the ENTIRE city of Phoenix, Arizona FLAT as a pancake?

Question 2: Does the ENTIRE city of Phoenix, Arizona have the same exact weather/climate? For example, does the center of the city Phoenix, Arizona have the same exact weather/climate than the whole rest of the city? Or does it change at all? Does it change just one slight bit or no?

Question 3: Does the scenery (I'm talking about the mountains and stuff) change from the center of Phoenix to the very north, south, west, and east side of the city?

Thank you to those experts that helped. I appreciate it. :-)

I am curious because I AM moving to Phoenix this summer, not sure where.

Anyway, I just want some experts to answer my question in detail. That would help a lot.

Question 1: Is the ENTIRE city of Phoenix, Arizona FLAT as a pancake?

Question 2: Does the ENTIRE city of Phoenix, Arizona have the same exact weather/climate? For example, does the center of the city Phoenix, Arizona have the same exact weather/climate than the whole rest of the city? Or does it change at all? Does it change just one slight bit or no?

Question 3: Does the scenery (I'm talking about the mountains and stuff) change from the center of Phoenix to the very north, south, west, and east side of the city?

Thank you to those experts that helped. I appreciate it. :-)

You're asking if its flat and then talking about mountains?  Are you moving to phoenix site unseen?  There are mountains in the area.  Most of the metro area is flat.  There are some really nice areas of Phoenix.  If you're coming from SF it'll be a culture and weather shock.  Phoenix is hot in the summer time, very hot.  Winters are fairly mild and comfortable.  

• 4 weeks later...

PHXlies in a valley surrounded by mountains and there are burbs that are in higher elevations. Climate wise the climate is similar throuhout the  metro area. Weather can vary wildly though especially during monsoon thunderstorms which n be quite violent.

Humidity values during the Summer are generally below 35 % but this can be misleading since dewpoint. values can be quite grim(70's) during monsoon moisture surges and in the 60's during the active monsoon which runs from early July through early Sepyember. Highest,temperatures usually occur in late June and during monsoon breaks when RH values hit rock bottom <10%. But this dry heat is extremely dangerous with 115F temperatures very high UV values and rapid body dehydration. cooler weather is three hours away in the mountains around Flagstaff and 6 hours in Cochise and Santa Cruz counties which is monsoon country with much more rain and thunderstorm activity.

Steve

Archived