Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Noreaster Obs March 20-21

ChescoWx

^ congrats!

0.00001" here, no pic's

Absolutely amazing storm last night!! Amazing in that we were progged to get 12-18" just a few days ago for a few runs by "the most accurate model in the world" and ended up with nothing.

POOF!

Hey, do the five snowflakes I saw during yesterday's 30 second flurry count as seeing something from this snowstorm? If so than... :tomato: for me....

:lol:

Unclear if it is frost or a few flakes but there is some frozen material on my windshield this morning. I'm with Q-town....looks like around . 000001" snow accumulation. Incredibly overperforming late March snow event. Now onto the April 6 threat that the 6z GFS shows. I'm all-in for that one....GFS is the new King!

Got about 1/4" on the car and barn roof, and on a few rocks, etc., so there is some "evidence" that it snowed last night here. Was nice to see it snowing anyway!

Now back to spring, a beautiful morning with full sunshine....got down to 29F here overnight, hopefully the Magnolias handled it okay....

Unclear if it is frost or a few flakes but there is some frozen material on my windshield this morning. I'm with Q-town....looks like around . 000001" snow accumulation. Incredibly overperforming late March snow event. Now onto the April 6 threat that the 6z GFS shows. I'm all-in for that one....GFS is the new King!

Same here. I went to bed around 1am but there wasn't anything sticking. This morning there was a coating of snow on the car and some on non paved surfaces. There must have been a burst overnight. Overall a complete waste of time following a pathetic event. At least with Spring/Summer and T-Storms you don't have to track for days/models on end. You'll know when the conditions will be ripe and just track the radar that day. And several times during the Summer you'll get a "surprise/bonus" pop up T-Storm late night/overnight which is a treat. When was the last time you received a "surprise/bonus" couple inches of snow? Just about never...

Nice - congrats!

You must have a decent snowfall total for the season.

not sure of exact total but I'm sure it's at least up to normal or slightly above for the season. (mostly thanks to the blizzard and one other storm, but I'm sure my fellow Monmouth County friends can chime in on that with the exact figures for my area)  Amazing considering how warm this winter was. No snow piles left anywhere. ha ha ha

not sure of exact total but I'm sure it's at least up to normal or slightly above for the season. (mostly thanks to the blizzard and one other storm, but I'm sure my fellow Monmouth County friends can chime in on that with the exact figures for my area) Amazing considering how warm this winter was. No snow piles left anywhere. ha ha ha

I had 40.9" season total after last nights 2.4" which mostly accumulated between 2 and 5am under the second of two deform bands that trained over the same areas during said time. You probably got in on that if you are near Rt 9. Otherwise Middletown lyncroft area was skunked. Then closer to the coast got in one the other band that gave LI and Conn their snow.

For seasonal snow this year, I also saw 40.2" Manalapan and 36" Colts Neck so you probably fall somewhere in the range between 35" and 42". Unlike our northern and western areas, few places in Monmouth had over 24" for the blizzard but we made up the difference during the Feb and March events and ended up exceeded their seasonal totals (except Long Island and SW Conn. ) who did exceptionally well in Feb. Point being; this was another season proving that it likes to snow in Monmouth County.

The amount of snow we had compared to the warmth we had was amazing and as far as I can tell only winters of 82-83 and 05-06 come close and they were well behind in terms or warmth compared to this year. Of course Decemeber really skewed (and screwed) us warmth wise with Jan being normal and Feb +2 temp wise for Monmouth county.

Archived