• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh, PA: Late Winter --> Spring '16...

Mailman

Maybe by making a much-needed new thread, I can bring my luck this winter to others on this forum.

Looks like our next threat will take place the middle of next week with the Euro, along with its ensemble, showing an east coast storm.

Still time for everyone to cash in before spring -- and its sun angle -- are upon us.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe by making a much-needed new thread, I can bring my luck this winter to others on this forum.

Looks like our next threat will take place the middle of next week with the Euro, along with its ensemble, showing an east coast storm.

Still time for everyone to cash in before spring -- and its sun angle -- are upon us.

Well not a bad start going off the 18z GFS! One heck of a storm, although we are fringed a bit its not a bad look for 7 days out.

post-328-0-31899500-1455663871_thumb.gif

We need "The Mailman" to DELIVER! :gun_bandana:

Been watching the last three since the beginning excited to follow this on a daily basis. You guys are more fun then anyone else out there talking weather in the Pittsburgh area. Didn't think anyone else got excited like me for storms 288 hours out.

Always tracking my 144 hour maps and seeing Pittsburgh go from 16-20 all the way down to just being fringed either north or south drives me nuts but this group of people makes it fun and I can totally relate!

Best of luck and may we find a winner yet.....

I would say the NAM has done well this year.  I think it was the only model to give us 0" of snow even in the ~24 hour range, and of course it hit on the January storm (even if it was a bit overzealous).  In that sense I'll be waiting until the 72 hour mark or so for the next one.

Anything over 120 I consider in the fantasy range, anyway.  That 72-120 range is the "oh there's something to track" range.  Sub 72 and you get "either it is worth watching or it isn't."

I would say the NAM has done well this year. I think it was the only model to give us 0" of snow even in the ~24 hour range, and of course it hit on the January storm (even if it was a bit overzealous). In that sense I'll be waiting until the 72 hour mark or so for the next one.

Anything over 120 I consider in the fantasy range, anyway. That 72-120 range is the "oh there's something to track" range. Sub 72 and you get "either it is worth watching or it isn't."

Only thing I can say about this one is the high looks to stall which should help with any precip issues. Like you said I am gonna watch but with caution.

Another perfect track.... for rain.. Looks like this weeks storm

post-20494-1455726267_thumb.jpg

I dunno, I'd take my chances with this setup. Verbatim we have high pressure to the North so I think this would work out much better than the last storm. Better upper level support too. This could pretty well destroy Western PA with that setup, although we do start as some rain.

post-328-0-60426900-1455726902_thumb.jpg

Much better set up this time around, at least with what's currently being depicted. That high pressure is key.

I agree with what you are saying. I am just going by the last 15 years of model watching and there is a better chance of this thing moving 120 miles either way to miss or fringe us than there is to nail us. Believe me I would love to see this play out but let's see if we are still in the game as we get nearer to the event.

I agree with what you are saying. I am just going by the last 15 years of model watching and there is a better chance of this thing moving 120 miles either way to miss or fringe us than there is to nail us. Believe me I would love to see this play out but let's see if we are still in the game as we get nearer to the event.

This guy knows.

Archived