SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John, has the LP sped up or what? It's looking like precipitation will end sooner than the models were showing.

It split, one part has sped up the Apps and is in southern West Virginia already, another part is heading into South Carolina by looking at the current surface map. Weird how models were basically 50/50 on it taking one of those two paths and it took both.

It's being kicked out by the clipper dropping in behind it. That's why it's moving faster, the clipper is catching up with it.

It split, one part has sped up the Apps and is in southern West Virginia already, another part is heading into South Carolina by looking at the current surface map. Weird how models were basically 50/50 on it taking one of those two paths and it took both.

It's being kicked out by the clipper dropping in behind it. That's why it's moving faster, the clipper is catching up with it.

That translates to no snow for my area. So frustrating. :(

Yeah you really are in a sweet spot.  I love the area you live in, would love one day to buy property up that way, especially on a NW facing slope.  One of my favorite hikes up your way is Devils Race Track.  Its so strange I've talked about the sort of micro CAD effect on this side of the valley year after year on here, never heard Morristown ever acknowledge any such effect until now. 

Agreed.  A couple of acres of wooded land with a cabin in the middle, at about 2,000 feet in elevation. 

Archived