Winter Event Norlun/Clipper Coastal Feb 8-10 Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4"

34.5" for season.

hi neighbor.

Hey we did ok with that one in the end. Funny thing about the Jan blizzard, in winter my front yard is usually the last stronghold when it comes to holding snow cover to the point I can drive around and when I get home i am the only one with white in the yard I have the perfect setup of trees and open sky above like a bowl. The opposite with that storm yards without east facing trees had snow 4" deep when mine was gone.

you measured at kamu's pile, didn't you?

Haha - wound up with 5.2" total here with 1.1" of that falling very early this morning. Like others have said, this winter is turning out pretty nice after all in my mind, since expectations were pretty low going in (28.0" total for winter to date, 20" of that in the double dryslot blizzard).

Nice scenery this morning!

post-9898-0-63890200-1455128384_thumb.jp

Haha - wound up with 5.2" total here with 1.1" of that falling very early this morning. Like others have said, this winter is turning out pretty nice after all in my mind, since expectations were pretty low going in (28.0" total for winter to date, 20" of that in the double dryslot blizzard).

Nice scenery this morning!

attachicon.gifSnow-2-10-16.jpg

Looking good Kamu, snow pile is growing again in time for the arctic hounds arrival

Looking good Kamu, snow pile is growing again in time for the arctic hounds arrival

Thanks.....and since you brought it up  :lmao: it was bigger a couple of weeks ago but I never posted a pic since I wore myself out after being under the weather leading up to the blizzard. A lot of shoveling considering it didn't exist before that storm. It also shrunk pretty quickly.

post-9898-0-90057900-1455139507_thumb.jp

A general 2-6" across most of the region (save for coastal NJ and Philly proper) it looks like with lollis to 7.4". Good little system!

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Archived