joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Event Norlun/Clipper Coastal Feb 8-10 Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the short term models showing?  Is the Norlun feature still a possibility?  I see no sign of it on radar.

After the band sliding in now, I'd say its over. Except maybe flurries. Short range models don't show anything.

This was a bust.

I could see places philly north doing better with the band, it will arrive when its darker and colder. Maybe a quick inch or two. That's about all she wrote.

3.5" and still snowing moderately in NW Chesco after about 45 minutes of very heavy snow.   Snow is typical of mid-March clinging to trees with clumps falling as the temperature has been stuck at 32 for several hours.    Nice fresh snowcover for the coming deep freeze.   Below zero on the table for sure this weekend.

3.5" and still snowing moderately in NW Chesco after about 45 minutes of very heavy snow.   Snow is typical of mid-March clinging to trees with clumps falling as the temperature has been stuck at 32 for several hours.    Nice fresh snowcover for the coming deep freeze.   Below zero on the table for sure this weekend.

Nice

glad this heavy band will be coming through after dark here

Left work downtown where there was nothing but snizzle and 36F.  Ran some errands around the area and when I finally got closer to home the intensity picked up and the snow had started to stick, with temps down to 33F.... until I finally got inside right when it literally started ripping, with vis down to 1/4 mile for a bit.  Back to SN now but I expect almost 1/2" got dropped just with that 30 minute burst (like a heavy shower in summer).

OBS 32.9F, SN with fog, Wind light out of the east.

5pm obs

East Nantmeal Township

2.3" fell between 315 and 5pm with that band -

Total for the day is now at 3.6"

Storm total is at 4.1"

it was as heavy as anything I saw during the blizzard

Temp 31.7

Still moderate snow

Thousands of people tracking an inverted trough the last 5 days to see where it hits from DC to NYC and we now have the answer - northern West Chester and Paul's house

Archived