Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had an insane wind gust... Easily over 40mph

There's a noticeable draft in my house on this wind direction. Brr.

I'm probably the only person who's been looking past this weekend, but the 12z Euro cuts the following storm and then suppresses another one at the end of the month.

Naturally, I have a few impolite suggestions for the Euro.

There's a noticeable draft in my house on this wind direction. Brr.

I'm probably the only person who's been looking past this weekend, but the 12z Euro cuts the following storm and then suppresses another one at the end of the month.

Naturally, I have a few impolite suggestions for the Euro.

I just assumed this weekend's storm was going to bring about the apocalypse, so I honestly haven't bothered to look past Sunday. Bad news all around. 

Euro ensembles, btw, suggest a general 2-6" for our area, with higher amounts as one heads south. As I mentioned earlier, the previous run was in the 6-10" range.

On a somewhat related note, I read a tweet this morning from Ian regarding sampling of new data when a disturbance hits land. He doesn't seem to think it makes any difference in terms of modeled outcome. Just thought it was interesting.

Better sampling will bring new insights. #urbanlegends

https://twitter.com/islivingston/status/689464309286498304

2-3-4 inches will be nice to see

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk[/quote/

Hope we can still manage that...not sure if anyone can confirm this but I believe a lot of recent big HV storms like Boxing Day and Feb 14 2014 seemed to be at the southern most point in modeling around 100 hrs out before trending north inside 72 hours. Anyway, I'm probably just wishing...

It all depends on what your expectations were. The big numbers were nice to see, but there has been so much volatility on the ensembles that I had yet to buy into a big solution. If this one misses, on to the next one.

Agreed. No one should have bought into those 18"+ totals the earlier runs were printing out. As it stands now I see this as an advisory event for most, Low end warning snows down in NNJ. 

ABC News just said latest model trends look like NYC and BOS to be spared the worst with crippling snows from Carolina to Philly and South Jersey.

When was the last storm that gave NYC rain and us NW folks 10"+? As said before if no talk of mixing issues in NYC or coastal

NJ than we are generally screwed.

ABC News just said latest model trends look like NYC and BOS to be spared the worst with crippling snows from Carolina to Philly and South Jersey.

When was the last storm that gave NYC rain and us NW folks 10"+? As said before if no talk of mixing issues in NYC or coastal

NJ than we are generally screwed.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived