Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GEFS ensembles took a bit of a step backwards for my area this run. Mean QPF is at 0.46" for Poughkeepsie (has been trending down from as high as 0.8" yesterday). About half the members above the mean, and half below. The OP is the extreme outlier at 1.36". It looks like it all hinges on what the storm does at ~100 hours. Some want to keep the low pressure center close to the coast, others pull it ENE. What is the main mechanism driving whether this happens or not? Because the Euro ensembles have been doing the same. We'll have to follow the operational runs as we get closer.  

Yea.. Euro has not been kind to us.[/quote

Something's gotta give...especially with GFS and Canadian holding serve this morning. They can't just keep being that far apart 84-96 hours out.

They did last year for Juno, almost right until go time. And they really aren't that far apart with this storm. When talking about a storm like this, 30-50 miles one way or the other is pretty minimal. It's just that those 30-50 miles affect us substantially. 

Regardless if it stalls down off the VA capes or off S NJ one thing is for certain.. S-C PA is gonna get destroyed. Wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3' amounts near Harrisburg. Unfortunately we need this bad boy to do what the GGEM has been printing and that is tucking it in close to the coast and stalling it off S NJ. I have very little faith in that disaster of a model lol.. My money is on the EC and a modest snowstorm up here. The way this winter is going ill take 6-10" and run.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived