• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
El Nino and early Winter Discussion

jaxjagman

Strong connection this year to our dirty SER. I'm seeking permission from a vendor to post their charts, for educational purposes only. They may agree for non commercial use. Otherwise I hope you are right, but I'm afraid I am. We scored two winters in a row. Could we get a Trifecta? Frankly I'm great with the crap winter 4 Royals WS trade, lol!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong connection this year to our dirty SER. I'm seeking permission from a vendor to post their charts, for educational purposes only. They may agree for non commercial use. Otherwise I hope you are right, but I'm afraid I am. We scored two winters in a row. Could we get a Trifecta? Frankly I'm great with the crap winter 4 Royals WS trade, lol!

SER with such a strong Nino, +PDO...that would be funny, lots of busted winter forecasts. But the PV rotting away over AK and no end in sight. It's only Nov 10th....it's only Nov 10th...it's only Nov 10th, I keep telling myself.

SER with such a strong Nino, +PDO...that would be funny, lots of busted winter forecasts. But the PV rotting away over AK and no end in sight. It's only Nov 10th....it's only Nov 10th...it's only Nov 10th, I keep telling myself.

Here is an interesting read that came across my linkedin page....again it is only November..... :pimp: 

https://riskpulse.com/blog/polar-vortex-stable-increasing-strength/

WSI is even warmer for December. Week 4 ECMWF is warm surface despite 850 and 500 heights. Perhaps the lack of a cold air connection? Looks cloudy; no really cold nights; days will tip the balance. Enjoy the sun this week, lol!

That's what i was wondering as well wk4,getting flooded with warm Pac air.Not sure what the CFS is seeing,thought i'd post the weenie map anyways..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday: Mississippi gets the 15% severe for Sunday December 13! Could we have a Mid South Mauler? Looks like it will get warm enough for some low top action. Wind fields will be plenty strong enough, and with enough turning, for severe. Pre-frontal trough is noted on some surface progs. Such a trough would help maintain a line of strong storms coming out of Texas, maybe even get new stuff going ahead of the line. It is a few days out so I'm not very excited. Still having something to talk about gives some holiday cheer!

Thursday update: SPC maintains nearly the exact same 15% outlook area and reasoning for Sunday. Prefrontal trough is still noted, but looks like a cool pool behind it. Pattern would hint straight line winds with squall line. Of course the wind fields are there for rotation, but would have to get a discrete storm or a part of the squall line to get off the cool pool for leading edge. Odds favor straight winds. Maybe a good day for shelfies and football.

Friday update: Marginal at best, and SPC is probably right. Looks like a little dry intrusion sneaking across the Deep South over the weekend. Moisture will not improve much after such a good start 60 hours out. Kinematics are still there for low top straight winds, but I'm checking out of severe mode. Time to enjoy a warm and lovely weekend!

:santa:

Archived