Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

PD II esque.... :whistle:

Ahh even with this setup your comparing it to #3 on the NESIS chart, a VERY tall order for this storm to achieve PDII would have to produce 6-12"+ in the DC area. Its #3 for a reason, does it look like it? Yea but will it verify just as good as that its going to be a tall order even as we stand here right now looking at the models today

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still want to take a step back but to have most globals showing this scenario is pretty astounding so agreement thus far is as good as you'd want

I agree, Red. Normally I would be woofing it up right now, Like I said in an earlier post, The EURO might just show a biggie, and it just did! With the tenuous setup we're in, I'd like to get this under 100 hours before I toot my horn. Although the other models have agreed on a much snowier solution, which is very encouraging. Couldn't ask for a better 12z suite. :snowing:

Ahh even with this setup your comparing it to #3 on the NESIS chart, a VERY tall order for this storm to achieve PDII would have to produce 6-12"+ in the DC area. Its #3 for a reason, does it look like it? Yea but will it verify just as good as that its going to be a tall order even as we stand here right now looking at the models today

Look at the maps of PDII  Look at the monster high pressure that was perfectly situated.  This isn't really like PDII except for the long duration/overrunning.

PD II esque....  :whistle:

I think storms like that stand on there own .

Lets see if you get the 0z then the 12z to look similar . When you are this far out figuring out a moving baroclinic zone from run to run takes time . 1 OP run or 1 suite doesn`t do it for me .  Have to let the spray narrow . 

so the 850's remain around TTN at the height of the storm and as progged bby the king NYC is ALL snow? or is it mostly frozen with no rain being shown? from what I have gathered general agreement in 12 z suite a FT+ ?

The euro is all snow for the main part of the storm on Monday. No ice except a bit to start on Sunday

so the 850's remain around TTN at the height of the storm and as progged bby the king NYC is ALL snow? or is it mostly frozen with no rain being shown? from what I have gathered general agreement in 12 z suite a FT+ ?

We get some light rain Sunday morning from NYC-south. By 12z Monday..surface is south of dca and 850's through Phl.

By hr 150 850's to ttn and surface is still south of dca.

Hr 156 temps are plenty cold for snow from dca-Boston. Verbatim ttn-south will have issues. But it's a mute point as it will change

We get some light rain Sunday morning from NYC-south. By 12z Monday..surface is south of dca and 850's through Phl.

By hr 150 850's to ttn and surface is still south of dca.

Hr 156 temps are plenty cold for snow from dca-Boston. Verbatim ttn-south will have issues. But it's a mute point as it will change

If wer are at same solution or emotly similar by Friday we can then all begin to get excited til lthen its beautiful eye candy though. Thx 4 headsup AllSnow

Archived