Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 00z euro was actually an inch or so of snow for NYC....it's big accumulations are well NW of NYC (12-18"). It is a huge interior storm. Not saying it's not possible, but right now this one doesn't really favor NYC

Sent from my iPhone

What they are discussing is the ensemble, not the OP.  I agree that the setup is marginal at best for coastal areas.

The whole point was to indicate that the Euro ensemble mean has a much better look than last nights op did. It could be an indication that the Euro op was in fact too warm.

I know what you meant yank i was more referring to it being a more fragile setup for coastal areas in comparison to inland areas.

I agree not sure what exactly in climo he is referring to. Warmer temps as we are later in the winter? Not sure that just because we are later in the winter there is more propensity to cutting.

I think I'm going to head up to Vermont for this one. Looking to score some sick uncrowned mountain time early next week. I'm looking a Stowe (never been) afraid that may be to far north if so it's Stratton which is one of my favorites

Banter, but I already have a weekend trip to sugarbush planned. Worried ill have to head home sat night instead of Sunday to beat the weather.

The weather is usually a lot more boring over coastal Long Island than over NJ or inland-it goes with the territory.

We get stronger winds, coastal flooding and possible tropical landfalls. They get more snow, river flooding, more severe thunderstorms, warmer temps in the summer and more freezing rain. We live in a pretty active area where everyone sees something interesting.

*plus we have the beach!!

Archived