Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Big One - Forecast & Discussion

Wow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

through hour 72..minus the first wave, that's 2.5 inches for the second one. I can't imagine that not being over the top. But the good news is I think a lot would be sleet.

Btw, as an added bonus it swings some light snow back over the area. I mean what can you really say? lol

namUS_sfc_precacc_072.gif

I will go ahead and post this before someone else does. Yes, we understand all issues with snowfall maps..

I also have no idea what the nam is seeing here.

Our area looks to get 1.5-2.0" of total QPF as shown on the nam

Hard to tell what the NAM snowfall map is seeing. I thought it usually doesn't include ZR and IP? 

''

Well @60 when  there is a ton of precip entering NC the hi-res NAM has 850's at around -1 it looks like for WNC. 

With a rapidly deepening low, it's going to start pulling down colder air... watch the 850mb low.  There's no way it's going to be that warm in the mid levels with a sfc low bombing out on the SE coast.  0 line would be positioned closer to I-85 or further east with a low positioned here.

I'm having a hard time believing this to be quite honest. But fwiw..and this is just through hour 66

you arent the only one. seems like the nam did this before the other storm and then it dropped off on future runs.  if it doesnt drop off then wow. even if cut in half still pretty impressive lol

Archived