joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 4th-6th Major Winter Storm Part 4

andyhb

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoveled at 6pm and again now at 10:15pm. Much much nastier and colder the second time out there. IMBY measurements are probably "only" ~9" for last 24hrs. Snow plastered to the east-facing side of my condo. That has never happened before. Can't imagine what it must be like points north.

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have another member from Southern Ontario.

And interesting. Looks like you"ll stay as snow through out the night.

Thanks for the welcome. Seems to have stopped doing anything for moment, but lots of drip drip melting going on

Just went outside to shovel and measured 11.2cm (4.4"). SN/PL mixing right now though its still predominantly snowfall atm.  

Looks like I busted bad on my 1" call, haha. 

And nice pictures guys. Hope you guys enjoyed this storm. I guess it wasnt that bad. Stay safe! :) 

Spent about 30 mins clearing the driveway. Didn't want to mess with it tomorrow.

Measured 13". Drifting like crazy, glad I get to be home tomorrow.

Pretty good...13". Treat yourself to a drink. And then have fun tackling it again tomorrow, after it drifts back over.  :devilsmiley:

Awesome.  I'm guessing that's your biggest storm since moving there?

Yes..

It should break into #3 spot for KBTL. Only 78 ( #2 ) and 67 ( #1 ) produced more. Atleast going back to 1948.. Don't have detailed records for prior to that so don't know for certain?

Archived