Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 4th-6th Major Winter Storm Part 4

andyhb

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EC per usual going 100% RGEM and getting burned. Elgin, Middlesex, Waterloo, and northern Wellington county should all be under a winter storm or snowfall warning.

Yeah per radar, areas north of 401 will likely get another burst of heavy snowfall within the next hour or two before it transitions over to some mixing. I guess it'll depend if the layer of warmth can stay cold enough for a SN/PL mix to stay dominant rather than plain rain. 

How much your way? When do you think the temperatures will start falling? 

And finally a snowfall warning issued. Only took about 7-8".

This storm has performed much better than some of us thought it would. My temperature is still -1.3 Celsius. We seem to be getting ice pellets now, though.

This storm has performed much better than some of us thought it would. My temperature is still -1.3 Celsius. We seem to be getting ice pellets now, though.

Went to rest my eyes for half an hour. Get up. Look outside. Still SNPL. Still below freezing. Just to my west in Mississauga and Brampton it's more or less just snow and they're still getting moderate bursts. Maybe pushing half a foot there.

Went to rest my eyes for half an hour. Get up. Look outside. Still SNPL. Still below freezing. Just to my west in Mississauga and Brampton it's more or less just snow and they're still getting moderate bursts. Maybe pushing half a foot there.

Good thing about this is that we shouldn't lose much of our snowpack with the brief temperature spike. The Siberian Express will thus have plenty of fresh snow cover to help keep it refrigerated.

I'm going to go measure in 30 or so minutes. Its still snowing nicely in my area. Temperatures have cooled down in Hamilton from the previous hour..

Just light freezing rain or rain by Lake Ontario.

I'd imagine Pearson airport is going to report a respectable snowfall figure. As of 11 pm, snow is still falling there.

pushing 13-14...remind me in the spring to tell you a story on this...as i recall, you like golf, i am a huge golf guy...play in pro ams, 2 good friends club pros...we should hook up

Pretty good. But yeah...I work in the golf biz. We should definitely do some golf (and drinks) next spring or summer. 

Actually are transitioning towards more SN than PL right now. Arctic boundary hasn't lifted as far N as the models were showing so we're keeping a low level NE wind and some colder air. Sfc low near CLE right now. As it approaches the front should lift north and I still think we transition to just rain but obviously a lot of damage has already been done.

I made a call. I gave rationale. I busted. Name of the game. It happens.

You made a call. You gave absolutely no reasoning except that you're an insufferable weenie. You got lucky.

So kindly **** off.

I'm thinking I might bust with my 2-4" call as well.

When do you have to leave for the airport? Doesn't look like you'll get much sleep!

You made a call. You gave absolutely no reasoning except that you're an insufferable weenie. You got lucky.

So kindly **** off.

My goodness.

What's the main precip type by your area? I'd guess it's the same by the lake, but sometimes it can be different under marginal cases, like tonight.

I've got freezing rain and ice pellets alternating.

Actually are transitioning towards more SN than PL right now. Arctic boundary hasn't lifted as far N as the models were showing so we're keeping a low level NE wind and some colder air. Sfc low near CLE right now. As it approaches the front should lift north and I still think we transition to just rain but obviously a lot of damage has already been done.

I'm hoping those heavy bands near Hamilton reach us before we go above freezing.

Looks like the snow has largely stopped here.  Might get a little more, but I'm going to call 10.5" with a 13.5" total snow pack where I'm at.  It looks like it is closer to a foot from today, but I can't get a measurement to verify that.

Still waiting for the winds to kick in.  You can hear them up in the trees, but they haven't gotten down to the surface on a consistent basis yet.  The snow on the trees is pretty well frozen on, so it will take a lot of wind to shake the snow off the trees.

So kindly **** off.

Save your breath man, we've got alot of weenies in the GTA lol and he aint the only one. Cant blame him! At some point we all over rationalize just like I did earlier today. Oh well.

Have a safe trip man! Hope to see you back in the city ;)

Archived