joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JM1220, you have great instincts, truly.

Can we see 10-12 inches and 9 degrees during mid day?

If I were to hedge a guess, I'd say we hang out around 10 degrees through the day and the winds diminish further on into the afternoon. The question is how much banding hangs back around us-if it just bodily moves east from here it could all be over by 4-5am. If we can get the inverted trough and more activity to hang around, and we have snow until 8am or so, we could push 10" I think. A foot though is a stretch to me-a couple of spots could where the bands are most persistent.

I have great instincts as well, though weenies hate them, nothing more than 4" at KNYC. Trust me, I hate my forecast as much as you do.

Though I'm known to be on the negative side sometimes, 4" is ridiculous. No guidance shows anything below 6-7" for NYC. And they are based on 10:1 ratios. Banding continues to setup just around NYC. How will they get only 4?lol

I have great instincts as well, though weenies hate them, nothing more than 4" at KNYC. Trust me, I hate my forecast as much as you do.

Look at the backfilling over eastern PA. NYC will easily get 4" and probably 6-8". The snow shield looks very reluctant to move east so far, look down towards DC and see how little it's moving.

Look at the backfilling over eastern PA. NYC will easily get 4" and probably 6-8". The snow shield looks very reluctant to move east so far, look down towards DC and see how little it's moving.

I hope you're right.

Many people around the area already have 2". I suppose NYC is not far behind. You're telling me that NYC sees only 2 additional inches over the next 12 hours? C'mon, I've been really conservative with storm but your amounts are just way too low imo.

Archived