Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, looks like it goes over to rain here in CMH after maybe 3" of snow. But it is the NAM.

Also, when have you ever seen that happen with this type of set up here In CMH?   I've seen accumulating snow quickly change to rain with a cranked up storm going over us or to the west of us, but not with a WAA event in front of a weak system.  I think we are going to either see a front end snow that hangs on for awhile changing to drizzle, or a stronger storm come together and give us primarily rain.

Also, when have you ever seen that happen with this type of set up here In CMH? I've seen accumulating snow quickly change to rain with a cranked up storm going over us or to the west of us, but not with a WAA event in front of a weak system. I think we are going to either see a front end snow that hangs on for awhile changing to drizzle, or a stronger storm come together and give us primarily rain.

Exactly. I could see something like we saw last Friday, or a potent storm that nails northern IN. But not a weak frontal wave that changes us over to rain. We'll see though.

Archived