Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cell near Ponca City bears watching, imo.  Not tornadic yet, but if Mesoanalysis is to be believed, it's moving into a localized area that is much more favorable.  Right now it's sitting on a contour of 150 m2/s2 0-1 km SRH, but there's a small max of 250 m2/s2 right over the KS border in its path.  Being on the tail end of that line will certainly help too.

srh1.gif?1369010921199

Well, I should probably be publicly executed for my comments on today's threat the past several days. Having my worst chase day in at least three years (zero tubes) will have to suffice, though. Very unfortunate that areas similar to 5/10/10 just E of OUN took the brunt again.

Well, I should probably be publicly executed for my comments on today's threat the past several days. Having my worst chase day in at least three years (zero tubes) will have to suffice, though. Very unfortunate that areas similar to 5/10/10 just E of OUN took the brunt again.

Did you go north into Kansas? Didn't you mention something about not learning your lesson earlier? lol

Not to get ahead of ourselves but tomorrow continues to look nasty, so we'll see what it shows for then later on.

After todays model fails (and successes), riding the ECMWF/GFS would suggest another potential big day tomorrow. I had backtracked on the threat tomorrow, but it may just all need to be shifted southward centered over the Red River.

After todays model fails (and successes), riding the ECMWF/GFS would suggest another potential big day tomorrow. I had backtracked on the threat tomorrow, but it may just all need to be shifted southward centered over the Red River.

The timing of that second jet streak and vort max continues to look very favorable tomorrow, the instability/shear parameters look just as strong if not stronger than what we had today. I am becoming increasingly worried for the I-35 corridor OKC south and eastward from 18z on tomorrow afternoon and evening (and also northeast along I-44 through Tulsa and Joplin perhaps as well).

Yeah the NAM today was pretty terrible, the higher LCLs never materialized like it showed. It really is unfortunate that the mesoscale model designed for short term situations just can't get things right with any great consistency.

Did you go north into Kansas? Didn't you mention something about not learning your lesson earlier? lol

Yep. When it comes to making irrational decisions to avoid chasing in the metro and/or bad terrain, I never will learn. Like, it'll probably happen again tomorrow. :lol:

I don't really like tomorrow's setup very much, to be honest.  I dislike how the frontal boundary seems to sink southward, with due northerly winds behind it.  This sets up a problem where any cells that initiate close to the front along the dryline will be undercut by that front.  The low level jet is not as strong and organized as it was today either, and indeed the models have trended weaker with it for the Monday event during the last couple days of runs.  

I still do expect a couple of sustained supercells to produce some tornadoes, possibly a couple significant, and it'll probably be a good chase day.  I certainly don't see a repeat of the violence of today's outbreak, though.

Archived