SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy is anything but awkward. I find the comments about tv mets laughable as if they arent suppose to banter. No one wants to see a pimply faced nerd doing the weather. Perhaps Amy makes your insides feel uncomfortable. She is in the leading media market in the world and a success story on and off the air as well as giving back to the community

Amy is anything but awkward. I find the comments about tv mets laughable as if they arent suppose to banter. No one wants to see a pimply faced nerd doing the weather. Perhaps Amy makes your insides feel uncomfortable. She is in the leading media market in the world and a success story on and off the air as well as giving back to the community

Yes she does give back to the community but most public figures in NYC do that anyway. She had a rough time at her last stop in Chicago. A quick google search will explain that so idk what's so special about her. You seem to think that because people think she's awkward in her delivery on-air that we are uncomfortable with attractive women which is just weird to even have that thought in your head. Then again, you're very weird so I guess that explains it

You her agent by chance? :lmao:  :weenie:

the previous female met before her heidi jones was much more knowledgeable and descriptive in her weatehr updates.. than amy.. but she was let go for bizarre reasons..

I believe it was because a false crime report was filed. Sad, she, at least in my opinion, seemed to be quite good. Did she post as Heidi The Horrible on the previous board?

I remember a TV weather person from, I guess, 50 years ago. Her first name was Susanna and she played a uke. after each forecast.

She married Tex Antoine (sp?). Not sure if they were on the same station.

45 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Who cares what JB says? He made a complete and total fool out of himself last winter, yet again. 

Everyone more or less did.  JB, DT, HM and Steve D all more or less had the same idea last winter.  Somewhat mild in December and then cold, that basically verified but the December warmth was off the charts and the cold was muted the first half of January. The anomalies were off significantly because of that but I've seen worse overall seasonal forecasts before like the 13-14 winter which almost everyone had mild and snowless  

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Who cares what JB says? He made a complete and total fool out of himself last winter, yet again. 

Didn't he call for AN snow for NYC last year while some called for 97/98 snow less type season ?

Everyone missed +12 in DEC.  In the end his temp forecast was a disaster,  but I think most were.

Lastly , 

His basin wide NINO call with its record heat in 3.4 and 4 were a lot better than the calls of East based made by some. 

Anyway thats last year and this winter is way too early for me to call / see . Will give that a real shot come the fall. 

45 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Didn't he call for AN snow for NYC last year while some called for 97/98 snow less type season ?

Everyone missed +12 in DEC.  In the end his temp forecast was a disaster,  but I think most were.

Lastly , 

His basin wide NINO call with its record heat in 3.4 and 4 were a lot better than the calls of East based made by some. 

Anyway thats last year and this winter is way too early for me to call / see . Will give that a real shot come the fall. 

Fair enough, however last winter's snowfall was predicated on that luck January blizzard that dumped. Had it stayed south, it would have been a well below normal snowfall winter and his entire forecast would have been an epic bust

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Fair enough, however last winter's snowfall was predicated on that luck January blizzard that dumped. Had it stayed south, it would have been a well below normal snowfall winter and his entire forecast would have been an epic bust

many winters with above normal snowfall had help from one big storm...1968-69, 1982-83, 2005-06 are a few examples...looking back at December 2015 I thought December would be warm because the AO was so positive...I thought February would be the coldest but it was for only one day...snow lovers got very lucky last year but that has been the trend the last 23 years...

18 hours ago, uncle W said:

many winters with above normal snowfall had help from one big storm...1968-69, 1982-83, 2005-06 are a few examples...looking back at December 2015 I thought December would be warm because the AO was so positive...I thought February would be the coldest but it was for only one day...snow lovers got very lucky last year but that has been the trend the last 23 years...

The last several years we've had several mild winter months with a -AO and cold months with a positive AO for whatever reason. I think it was December 2012 or 13 with a raging -AO and it was a torch. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived