• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

Continuing light-ish snow here in RP, but the big flakes are gone - more consolidated small flakes, maybe partial melting on the trip down.  From OKX 06:26 discussion:

12Z KOKX BALLOON IS IN THE AIR SO

STARTING TO GET SOME DATA IN. FZLVL AT 1100 FT BUT NOT SATURATED.RAIN/SNOW LINE WILL CONTINUE TO BE A CHALLENGE DURING THE FIRSTSTAGE OF THIS STORM.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three major NYC stations have winds out of the northeast and dewpoints still in the upper 20s.

The Euro had JFK at 4.3c for 7AM. The actual report is 0.5C and light snow.

It also had LGA at 3.1C. They're actually 0C. They only got up to 33F even before the snow moved in.

To me , this looks like last nites 0zNAM  The surface low is inside Hatt and the this mornings  radar along the coast  matches that run .

I would expect a  6hr period of heavy mixed precip and RAIN  along the coast based on it , However if its a match ,  what comes once the center is east of AC will be a show . In the city out onto Long Island , this doesn`t have to be  a start to finish snow event to be intense .

Where its all snow , based on that radar its a bomb for you . The good thing is the BL is cool , so once the entire column is cool , I thinj it takes off .

Jusy may not be start to finish , but in the end it may not matter ....

...37*

w/ rain...i'm in eastport,keith.I know this is 

going as planned..but still nervous..temps are too high..gonna 

be tough to deal w/ this rain(probably all day)..east end shaft?

you'll get yours tonight..we are all going to go over the rain on the Island i think the next few hours..Long Island's fun is tonight

you'll get yours tonight..we are all going to go over the rain on the Island i think the next few hours..Long Island's fun is tonight

Hoping to stay mainly snow on the N. Shore...should be close call...per last night's MM5 run warmest part of storm is aound 9:30 AM or so....and then temps start to cool ever so slowly out here.  Continues to snow here at the present. 

Archived