LGA: .15"

EWR: .13"

ISP: .24"

BDR: .19"

FOK: .27"

PHL: .11"

RIC: .16"

DCA: .10"

those numbers seem to make it more of 1-3 event for most of  the area even with the higher ratios...do these amounts take into account the amount lost to virga which will probably be an issue?

as for one model run...yes relax, because everyone discounts the models when they do not show snow so until a few runs in a row show the event actually looking like its coming then lets not just assume we are getting anything at this point. Just be consistent and not rally around the models that show the storm. Last weeks non storm people were tossing the GFS because it did not show the snow and it turned out to be right. It could be right this time or it could be wrong but still tons of uncertainty with this storm given the flip flopping

Those who threw in the towel last night may look silly by the end of today's model runs.

We're seeing that inevitable tick NW with the coastal I felt we'd see, the 500mb setup seemed the coastal should be more NW, but in order to get that real major jump we're gonna have to get a marked change in the phasing of those 2 systems from the NRN/SRN branches over the OH Valley

those numbers seem to make it more of 1-3 event for most of the area even with the higher ratios...do these amounts take into account the amount lost to virga which will probably be an issue?

as for one model run...yes relax, because everyone discounts the models when they do not show snow so until a few runs in a row show the event actually looking like its coming then lets not just assume we are getting anything at this point. Just be consistent and not rally around the models that show the storm. Last weeks non storm people were tossing the GFS because it did not show the snow and it turned out to be right. It could be right this time or it could be wrong but still tons of uncertainty with this storm given the flip flopping

Models take in account of dry air.

It would be funny if the models came back to that really wet solution they had a couple days ago, which would be a total slap in everyone's face. I think if we get 1-3" it'll be a success so fingers crossed. 

If we can get the initial wave to come in more amped up it will force redevelopment closer to the coast. With such an arctic airmass in place I doubt we would have any mixing issues even at the coast unless the low cut into Vermont.

We're seeing that inevitable tick NW with the coastal I felt we'd see, the 500mb setup seemed the coastal should be more NW, but in order to get that real major jump we're gonna have to get a marked change in the phasing of those 2 systems from the NRN/SRN branches over the OH Valley

Agreed i by no means think we will see the huge hit the euro showed a few days ago but i think a general 2-4 isn't out of the question which is plenty for this snow weenie all i care is to see the ground covered in white.

Agreed i by no means think we will see the huge hit the euro showed a few days ago but i think a general 2-4 isn't out of the question which is plenty for this snow weenie all i care is to see the ground covered in white.

I would LOVE to get that much

It would be funny if the models came back to that really wet solution they had a couple days ago, which would be a total slap in everyone's face. I think if we get 1-3" it'll be a success so fingers crossed. 

It's tough to do much better than 1-3 or 2-4 with these fast moving clippers so we

would be happy just to get a light event like one of those.

those numbers seem to make it more of 1-3 event for most of  the area even with the higher ratios...do these amounts take into account the amount lost to virga which will probably be an issue?

Models *should* take virga into account in some fashion.  Otherwise they'd always be way off.  The EC from last week, when it was way too far NW with the precip, I don't think it was a problem with it "counting" virga.

The coastal is actually in a really good position on the GFS, it just gets going too late. Good trends.

f66.gif

Look at the 2 shortwaves, one over IN, one over VA. For us to have a real shot, we need those two to phase, and for the trough to dig more. Hopefully the Euro today shows a better solution, that way we can say we have a trend.

Probably only a six or seven hour event at most, with some of that being only virga.

Look at the 2 shortwaves, one over IN, one over VA. For us to have a real shot, we need those two to phase, and for the trough to dig more. Hopefully the Euro today shows a better solution, that way we can say we have a trend.

It's still possible. I still think that with such an arctic airmass in place that even with a really amped up solution we would still be almost all if not all snow. Would be a much longer duration event as well.

It's still possible. I still think that with such an arctic airmass in place that even with a really amped up solution we would still be almost all if not all snow. Would be a much longer duration event as well.

We would have a shot at a more amplified solution if the clipper wasn't following so close on the heels of the

storm tomorrow. There isn't enough spacing between the two shortwaves for the Friday night clipper to

dig much more than it is showing now.

We would have a shot at a more amplified solution if the clipper wasn't following so close on the heels of the

storm tomorrow. There isn't enough spacing between the two shortwaves for the Friday night clipper to

dig much more than it is showing now.

It's more a product of the flow being too fast. Once the S/W is completely onshore in the next 6-12 hours it's very possible that things will take another shift. More northern stream action should allow it to dig slightly more, slow down everything a bit. Still a chance that we get a big phase and this thing goes boom like the Euro did a few runs ago.

Archived