• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxSouth Final Winter Outlook....

NavarreDon

Roberts final long term thoughts are up in the public area (free) of his site. Great read as usual from him with a lot of interesting thoughts. Take a look & if you have some spare coin indulge with a premium membership....well worth it. (Mods you may want to move this to the pinned thread....thought it might get some more looks on its own)

http://wxsouth.com/?cat=127

Roberts final long term thoughts are up in the public area (free) of his site. Great read as usual from him with a lot of interesting thoughts. Take a look & if you have some spare coin indulge with a premium membership....well worth it. (Mods you may want to move this to the pinned thread....thought it might get some more looks on its own)

Thanks. You actually have to click on the archives in the public section to view it. The direct link is: http://wxsouth.com/?m=201211

Sounds like we could have a great winter. I hope he's right, not only about this winter, but about the cycle coming back for the next 25 years to be snowier. I especially liked this part about this winter.

However, don’t despair Winter Lovers….the big blocking will be back. Take this time now this weekend to prep up for some Hard Core Winter Weather that will be coming in December. I’m all but certain the Blocking regimes last Spring, early Summer and this Fall are a sign of a very HARSH WINTER or atleast periods where there will be snow and ice across the Deep South, with possibly record making system or two.

How was his forcast last year?The reason i'm asking I remember someone getting it right or at least close to what happened last winter.

Robert didn't do very well last winter. He admitted it shortly after the bad winter last year. That said him missing was a fluke. Robert has a long history of nailing individual storms and patterns. Wrong or not in his forecast last year he is an amazing met. His forecasts hold lots of weight with me and many others.

Robert didn't do very well last winter. He admitted it shortly after the bad winter last year. That said him missing was a fluke. Robert has a long history of nailing individual storms and patterns. Wrong or not in his forecast last year he is an amazing met. His forecasts hold lots of weight with me and many others.

No doubt he is one of the few that usually does well. I'm encouraged to see such a good outlook on winter so far and hoping for some good storms to track. After a winter like last year it won't take much for me to get excited.

You can count on one hand who nailed last winter. Alot of the top Mets missed it. Looks like this year will be diffferent or least Hope . Cant be worse than last year

I second the promotion of Roberts website. Great value because he has a well crafted skill forecasting our micro climate (se). Just wish I could figure out how to change my password and not be stuck with the one the admin assigned. Any advice? Im sure it's just me overlooking something. Anyway we are all blessed with several posters and mets who take time to post on this board. You can't get the info you get from here anywhere else. Second to none. I just wish I had this forum back in late 90"s and early 2000-2002 when's all those hurricanes hit our coast not to mention the Carolina crusher 2000 and ice storm of the century piedmont nc in 2002.

Archived