• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upcoming SKYWARN training

Turtle

Not sure if I should post this here or in the main thread, but here it is...

The National Weather Service in Taunton, MA, has announced the majority of classes that are scheduled so far. There may be a few more scheduled over the next few weeks.

Here's the link:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/officePrograms/skywarn/skywarnTraining.shtml

Hope some of you can make it, especially if you have not gone to be trained before.

If you ARE already trained, it is requested that you receive refresher training within 5 years of your last SKYWARN session. We now have an online refresher class for you to get your updated training. You can only take this if you are already trained by NWS Taunton. Here's the link:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/officePrograms/SkyWarn.shtml

--Turtle

I've never been trained before, I plan on being at the noon to 3 one on June 2nd. You can just show up and don't have to register right?

As far as I know, you don't have to register. From what I understand, though, the place in Brimfield is rather small (max 50).

E-mail Bill Babcock (see the WFO BOX website at the bottom for his e-mail address) to let him know you're attending the 6/2 session. That's not an official registration, but it's good to get a feel as to how many folks will be attending.

Thanks for your interest!

--Turtle

As far as I know, you don't have to register. From what I understand, though, the place in Brimfield is rather small (max 50).

E-mail Bill Babcock (see the WFO BOX website at the bottom for his e-mail address) to let him know you're attending the 6/2 session. That's not an official registration, but it's good to get a feel as to how many folks will be attending.

Thanks for your interest!

--Turtle

I will do that.

Thanks Eleanor!

I registered for the one that my WFO had. Not sure about yours.

I think Upton requires that I register anyway.

Some of our sessions have required registration, generally because of the small size of the meeting area. For the most part, we don't require registration.

It will be interesting to see the number of folks that will attend the May 31st session at WWLP Channel 22 in Chicopee. The day before the first anniversary of the tornado. Expecting a BIG turnout there!!

--Turtle

Some of our sessions have required registration, generally because of the small size of the meeting area. For the most part, we don't require registration.

It will be interesting to see the number of folks that will attend the May 31st session at WWLP Channel 22 in Chicopee. The day before the first anniversary of the tornado. Expecting a BIG turnout there!!

--Turtle

I actually am planning to try to attend that.

Sweet ill be there!!

--Turtle

I will do that.

Thanks Eleanor!

I just spoke to Bill this morning. Because of the small size of the room, they ARE considering pre-registration for the Brimfield session on 6/2.

Keep an eye out on the SKYWARN session website if there's a change.

--Turtle

I just spoke to Bill this morning. Because of the small size of the room, they ARE considering pre-registration for the Brimfield session on 6/2.

Keep an eye out on the SKYWARN session website if there's a change.

--Turtle

Ok thanks! I would have liked to attend the one at the tv station but that's the day of my hs graduation...so I guess I should probably attend that. ;)

And yeah I got an email from him today...he said they decided to follow through with registration and I am now registered.

Ok thanks! I would have liked to attend the one at the tv station but that's the day of my hs graduation...so I guess I should probably attend that. ;)

And yeah I got an email from him today...he said they decided to follow through with registration and I am now registered.

Yep, Bill updated the SKYWARN training website today to require registration for the Brimfield session on 6/2. You must be first on the list!! ;)

Good to hear you'll be attending, and congrats on your graduation!

--Turtle

Archived