• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allsnow said not one leaf. Amazing how people will do anything to hang onto a winter that never existed.

Aww 4dvar is upset that a few respectable posters took a dump on his leaf fantasy....hopefully u dont text earthlight and demand apologies from all involved, or else u will not post on weather side....please don't,thats always the worse

Snow88 you fool its spring time and we just experienced a week of temps on either side of 70, why would you want cold. Winter failed to deliver the goods this year and to me better luck next winter and bring on the warm/hot weather right now from april through september. I love snow but when spring gets here i got fishing on my days off on my mind haha :P

Out of every 100 trees, I would say every 1-2 trees have small leaves coming out. The rest either have flowers or buds.

And I'm 3 miles from NYC in Astoria.

Bayside is similar as well.

This is pretty the same, around here in Woodside too. Southern Queens hasn't been warm as Northern Queens, with the early sea-breeze, almost everyday.

Not a single leaf out that I have seen in Fairfield cty, I was in Darien, Norwalk and Westport yesterday..........today I will be in Greenwich, and North Stamford.

Leaf out is not even remotely close.

you may want to look a little closer, plenty of leaves coming out, sure they aren't mature leaves, but they are leaves nonetheless.

You'r one picture a 100 miles away from the branches isn't quite representative, especially right on the cold sound.

Lol...thanks for playing pazzo....its nothing more then a early spring....you need to learn the diff between leaf out and early bloom....and ur instagram mode on ur iphone works great

Those were all just searched from flickr. In any event I'll be outside as much as possible enjoying spring. Outside/rooftop bars ftw.

Those were all just searched from flickr. In any event I'll be outside as much as possible enjoying spring. Outside/rooftop bars ftw.

Imagine if we put up as much of a fuss over snow reports as people did over the extent of leaf out? Let's make sure everyone posts pics of their snow and measurements and video of their snow boards and measuring techniques.

Not a single comment about the latest NAM? It got much colder, with good precip here as well. Would definitely be some sleet at the very least in areas of northern New Jersey. Low to our south, heavy precip between 1 and 6am and 850's below freezing with temps in the middle 30's. Warm wedge works in above 850 though, so probably a sleet situation.

Not a single comment about the latest NAM? It got much colder, with good precip here as well. Would definitely be some sleet at the very least in areas of northern New Jersey. Low to our south, heavy precip between 1 and 6am and 850's below freezing with temps in the middle 30's. Warm wedge works in above 850 though, so probably a sleet situation.

areas from Morris County north and west could see some sleet mixed in especially higher elevations but this is all rain south and east of there - snow mixed in northwest jersey and as you go further north more snow then rain

Uh, not many pictures of trees/plant life in other parts of Manhattan on the internets.

I will say that every single tree on my street has at the very least small leaves at this point.

not one leaf here . the flowering trees bloomed but no leaves and only other tree that had buds was the pear trees. other wise still looks winterish. ill take the green any day

not one leaf here .   the flowering trees bloomed but no leaves and only other tree that had buds was the pear trees.  other wise still looks winterish. ill take the green any day

Here too, Not even close to leaf out. Buds and flowers yes, but not even close to leaf out.

The models have trended much less impressive with the heat early next week. The active pattern over Southeast Canada into New England will always be under-forecast in the medium range especially with the blocking. So I wouldn't be surprised if the warm front/thermal boundary ends up well south and west of our area on Monday given the mid level height field.

It may be a situation where we only warm up briefly ahead of the cold front itself because of the active pattern over New England and the resistance against any southwest flow in the mid/low levels.

you may want to look a little closer, plenty of leaves coming out, sure they aren't mature leaves, but they are leaves nonetheless.

You'r one picture a 100 miles away from the branches isn't quite representative, especially right on the cold sound.

LOL I work outside every day all over fairfield cty, there is no leaf out, at all.

Archived