• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

Guest Pamela

eh...i went to school in Atlanta for 4 years and i will say that overnight lows on a clear night are similar in atlanta v nyc proper. But u cannot compare atlanta to anywhere other than lga, nyc, ewr, etc. NYC suburbs are much colder. And as soon as winter hits, Atl enjoys 50s and rain, with the occasional cold day and freezing rain.

By late february though, its shorts and sandals weather, and march 15 the pool opens at emory...good times!

For me it has been mostly not getting hastled, not getting hustled. Keepin' your head above water, making a wave when you can. Temporary layoffs. Good Times. Easy credit rip offs. Good Times. Scratchin' and surviving. Good Times. Hangin in a chow line. Good Times. Ain't we lucky we got 'em. Good Times.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it has been mostly not getting hastled, not getting hustled. Keepin' your head above water, making a wave when you can. Temporary layoffs. Good Times. Easy credit rip offs. Good Times. Scratchin' and surviving. Good Times. Hangin in a chow line. Good Times. Ain't we lucky we got 'em. Good Times.

haha nice!

Guest Pamela

yes yes Good times, ive watched Nick at Night my man...

It's somewhat scary to think JJ is going to be 65 (sixty-five!) in June...

It's like forecasting a significant snowstorm of 6-12" for the tristate area, then using High Point NJ's total of 6" as a verification for the forecast, when the rest of the region had nothing. In this case, NYC is the "high point" of warmth in the region, and I often compare their night time temps to rural Virginia or North Carolina.

Most of us live in NYC and its immediate suburbs. So no, you are totally wrong.

Im still waiting for a picture from either of them...probably get one around may 1st....everyone around trials says its bs...which we all kno....i was in Brooklyn yesterday, not one leaf.....so im very curious of this...wish a red tagger would chim in

Go check out Central Park. I already posted a pic earlier in this thread from a week ago from the park. It is now significantly more leafed out than that.

You are obviously either lying about Brooklyn or you went to a place with no trees. I can SEE Brooklyn from the East River Park and I see green on trees. Those aren't leaves?

Guest Pamela

Most of us live in NYC and its immediate suburbs. So no, you are totally wrong.

You *attempting* to correct Isotherm is akin to an average 8th grade student attempting to give Rene Descartes lessons in geometry...

You *attempting* to correct Isotherm is akin to an average 8th grade student attempting to give Rene Descartes lessons in geometry...

Your attempt at humor is tantamount to Pitbull masquerading as Pablo Neruda.

Pretty sure I've been on these boards longer than both of y'all, as it were.

Guest Pamela

. I can SEE Brooklyn from the East River Park and I see green on trees. Those aren't leaves?

I see trees of green...red roses too...

Why would anyone waste time arguing with you?

And I think to myself....what a wonderful world....

Im curious as to why Central park is now indicative of what "most of us see", yet when some of us used that same argument in terms of temperatures, it was disallowed.

and a big LOL to using time on a forum as part of an argument.

Uh, not many pictures of trees/plant life in other parts of Manhattan on the internets.

I will say that every single tree on my street has at the very least small leaves at this point.

Uh, not many pictures of trees/plant life in other parts of Manhattan on the internets.

I will say that every single tree on my street has at the very least small leaves at this point.

Plenty of us live fairly close to NYC and dont have leaf out, so no, no one is "completely wrong".

Guest Pamela

Plenty of us live fairly close to NYC and dont have leaf out, so no, no one is "completely wrong".

Here's to Pazzo

He's one of a kind

Just dont read his posts

Or you might lose your mind...

I was in Jersey City earlier today and it looked identical. I think what is in the posted pictures probably accounts for what a good 40-45% of the metro area sees (given that NYC proper is just shy of 50% of the metro area population).

I was in Jersey City earlier today and it looked identical. I think what is in the posted pictures probably accounts for what a good 40-45% of the metro area sees (given that NYC proper is just shy of 50% of the metro area population).

Accusing someone of being completely wrong based on an assumption is.....silly. Maybe try to not be so combative? I dunno....maybe its just us.

Accusing someone of being completely wrong based on an assumption is.....silly. Maybe try to not be so combative? I dunno....maybe its just us.

I was saying it was completely wrong to compare an observation from the middle of NYC to some observation in some far flung suburb in NJ when it comes to the perspective of someone who lives in the NYC metropolitan area. Given that where I live there are literally millions of people within 5 miles of me in any direction, accounting for more than half of the entire metro, whereas a similar concentration of people does NOT exist in the exurbs, an observation from here is more material to conditions experienced by someone in the metro area than that from the latter.

I was saying it was completely wrong to compare an observation from the middle of NYC to some observation in some far flung suburb in NJ when it comes to the perspective of someone who lives in the NYC metropolitan area. Given that where I live there are literally millions of people within 5 miles of me in any direction, accounting for more than half of the entire metro, whereas a similar concentration of people does NOT exist in the exurbs, an observation from here is more material to conditions experienced by someone in the metro area than that from the latter.

So the other half of the metro area doesnt matter, since your half has leaves.

Im well within the metro area. The amount of people living in a geographical area has no bearing on what that geographical area is experiencing, except when used to fit a certain argument. If half of the area has experienced leaf out, and the other half hasnt, who gives a flying f*ck how many people actually witnessed it? Its a silly semantics argument.

Guest Pamela

Neither wit nor creativity in general appear to be strong suits of yours. Good effort though.

A double negative

That may be

If you doubt this can get worse

Wait and see!

Those pics are marginal for leaf out anyway and probably would not qualify for the traditional meaning of leaf out which is that the leaves are visibly larger than the bud/flower remants around them. It still looks like a lot of those trees are in the flowering and budding stage with some beginning of leaf out...but you woulnt say "we have leafed out here in NYC" based on those pics. They are still well ahead of schedule, there is no question about that.

Those pics are marginal for leaf out anyway and probably would not qualify for the traditional meaning of leaf out which is that the leaves are visibly larger than the bud/flower remants around them. It still looks like a lot of those trees are in the flowering and budding stage with some beginning of leaf out...but you woulnt say "we have leafed out here in NYC" based on those pics. They are still well ahead of schedule, there is no question about that.

There are plenty of areas within the metro area that look nothing like that yet. But since i live near ski mrg in gods country apparently, im wrong.

In all seriousness, its definitely ahead of schedule, and pretty incredible.

There are plenty of areas within the metro area that look nothing like that yet. But since i live near ski mrg in gods country apparently, im wrong.

In all seriousness, its definitely ahead of schedule, and pretty incredible.

Yeah I did see several posts from people in the northern and eastern boroughs like Bronx and Queens that said they hae very little on the trees.

Archived