• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp still rising as of 6pm.

NYC 67

LGA 68

EWR 69

KEB 69

Beautiful evening for a stroll...Brian45903023802, i just dont see how you dont admit bust???? 67-69 when you said slim chance over 60? And no chance at 70?

You're credibility is worse than Cfa's when the wind was so strong is broke his window and the flying glass preventing him from taking a picture due to the danger.

Beautiful evening for a stroll...Brian45903023802, i just dont see how you dont admit bust???? 67-69 when you said slim chance over 60? And no chance at 70?

You're credibility is worse than Cfa's when the wind was so strong is broke his window and the flying glass preventing him from taking a picture due to the danger.

I admit bust! I should have not mistrusted the TORCH. We will torch whenever possible this spring

-

and :lmao: at the 2nd part

Guest Pamela

Even though it got down to 30F in the park we didn't really have a freeze here. So, not too bad.

Once you get that long awaited air conditioner installed, it can happen at your place, too!

Leaf out here in the city. Sorry it sucks where you are.

It's like forecasting a significant snowstorm of 6-12" for the tristate area, then using High Point NJ's total of 6" as a verification for the forecast, when the rest of the region had nothing. In this case, NYC is the "high point" of warmth in the region, and I often compare their night time temps to rural Virginia or North Carolina.

It's like forecasting a significant snowstorm of 6-12" for the tristate area, then using High Point NJ's total of 6" as a verification for the forecast, when the rest of the region had nothing. In this case, NYC is the "high point" of warmth in the region, and I often compare their night time temps to rural Virginia or North Carolina.

Im still waiting for a picture from either of them...probably get one around may 1st....everyone around trials says its bs...which we all kno....i was in Brooklyn yesterday, not one leaf.....so im very curious of this...wish a red tagger would chim in

I found this comparison graph interesting, court of weather.com.

Durham NC's overnight lows are actually slightly colder than NYC's, by 2F. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. If leaf out was occurring in suburban or rural parts of the tristate, I'd be much, much more impressed.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/compare/USNY0996?sfld1=New York, NY&sfld2=Durham, NC, US&clocid1=USNY0996&clocid2=USNC0192

Im still waiting for a picture from either of them...probably get one around may 1st....everyone around trials says its bs...which we all kno....i was in Brooklyn yesterday, not one leaf.....so im very curious of this...wish a red tagger would chim in

I'll post pics from my area either tommorow of Friday.

Yeah it took me all of 2 minutes to take a camera phone pic and send it to my email - not that difficult.

Durham NC's overnight lows are actually slightly colder than NYC's, by 2F. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. If leaf out was occurring in suburban or rural parts of the tristate, I'd be much, much more impressed.

http://www.weather.c...Y0996?sfld1=New York, NY&sfld2=Durham, NC, US&clocid1=USNY0996&clocid2=USNC0192

That link didn't work correctly, but if you type New York,NY in the first blank, then compare them to Durham NC, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Guest Pamela

http://www.weather.c...Y0996?sfld1=New York, NY&sfld2=Durham, NC, US&clocid1=USNY0996&clocid2=USNC0192

I'm pretty sure the average low at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta during November is lower than KNYC...but certain people are unable to comprehend this Tom....like all people who reject statisitical analysis...they become prisoners of the statistics...if Pazzo could pick a spot to experience severe snow and cold and live there...he would choose Boston.

In Queens as well, Idk how people cliam the opposite just slightly inland.

On the immediate coast where it's been cooler, the leaf progression is significantly less in spots than in Midtown. The tree in front of my house is blooming, but many other trees here just have buds on them when trees of the same type in Manhattan already are developing leaves. I can certainly see how it's not uniform throughout the area.

Guest Pamela

On the immediate coast where it's been cooler, the leaf progression is significantly less in spots than in Midtown. The tree in front of my house is blooming, but many other trees here just have buds on them when trees of the same type in Manhattan already are developing leaves. I can certainly see how it's not uniform throughout the area.

I do not see any trees in bloom in the Port Jefferson area...but I have often been accused of shortsightedness.

I'm pretty sure the average low at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta during November is lower than KNYC...but certain people are unable to comprehend this Tom....like all people who reject statisitical analysis...they become prisoners of the statistics...if Pazzo could pick a spot to experience severe snow and cold and live there...he would choose Boston.

eh...i went to school in Atlanta for 4 years and i will say that overnight lows on a clear night are similar in atlanta v nyc proper. But u cannot compare atlanta to anywhere other than lga, nyc, ewr, etc. NYC suburbs are much colder. And as soon as winter hits, Atl enjoys 50s and rain, with the occasional cold day and freezing rain.

By late february though, its shorts and sandals weather, and march 15 the pool opens at emory...good times!

Archived