• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sun won't be back for another hour--you'll be lucky to crack 60

Models don't have the upper 60's until 6pmish. When the sun comes out, it can warm up very fast.

The entire area is rapidly rising. Temps are 61-65 areawide now.

Im at 63 in Bayside.

his call was for 70-not even close-try again King of Bust

Again, models have the maximum temp for 6pm today. NYC and LGA are up to 62. Would not be surprised to see them reach 67-70.

Newark up to 64 also.

My temp in Bayside is up to 64.5

Again, models have the maximum temp for 6pm today. NYC and LGA are up to 62. Would not be surprised to see them reach 67-70.

Newark up to 64 also.

My temp in Bayside is up to 64.5

if that happens, then I'll admit bust.

-

in other news, upton goes with just a small chance of rain Fri nite and Sat-20% and 30% chance--mid 50's for highs. Guess they are buying the NAM.

IT just won't quit. Euro was a strung out mess, so I'll put some more stock in that

NAM is pretty strung out also. Gives decent precip to NYC (about .50") but very little to SNE and almost nothing to Boston.

The Catskills look good on the NAM for some snow and parts of CT, away from the coast, as well.

NAM is pretty strung out also. Gives decent precip to NYC (about .50") but very little to SNE and almost nothing to Boston.

The Catskills look good on the NAM for some snow and parts of CT, away from the coast, as well.

For places near the city and coast, I give this a 1-2% chance for accumulating snow. Well inland, maybe 10%. More likely it ends up a strung out mess to me, due to confluence and the weakening wave. I think also it's more likely the precip is south of us (but rain, due to it being warmer and weaker).

The 850 temps are 10-11 C. It's not that hard to understand the fact that it was going to rapidly warm once the sun came out. It's 68 in New Brunswick.

And at this time of year we've got plenty more daylight to warm up if clouds break after 2-3pm. Full sun would have probably yielded mid 70s today.

Given typical spring trends I'd expect the BDCF on Monday/Monday night to drop south of NYC, but hopefully it can still be in a favorable position to bring at least one warm day; the air mass is very warm, and the DGEX for what it's worth shows mid-upper 70s in NYC on Monday with 80s in the Mid Atlantic.

post-1753-0-64478800-1332972284.gif

trials got BURNED....

BTW where is the FULL LEAF out that Trials was promising me all of last week?

NOTHING but a few trees in bloom and BARE branches, but NO leaf out.

1st of all, he's lying, because 10 miles away I was 64 and we had the same wind direction

2nd, im sorry your leaves are challenged and didn't come out, mind did

3rd, be careful, you're gonna use up your 5 posts

Archived