• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring 2012

ctsnowstorm628

Had 58/29 yest, snow dropped 4" to leave a soggy 12" at the stake. Down to 30 with a few flakes at 6:45 this AM, enough to firm up the road, including the ruts I made coming home yest. Snow had crusted enough to easily support the 8-9 turkeys that crossed the road 500' from our place. Wind still roaring and making the house creak this morning.

If the models are right (and they've all been consistent in showing the torch next week thru at least the equinox), my snow will be gone by about St. Patty's Day. Unless we were to get some spring snowfall, that would put 11-12 very competitive with 99-00 for worst snowcover year in my 14 here. With Dec 99 not having a single day with 1" OG, that earlier winter had just 86 days with 1"+, worst by about 20 days until this season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a few laps around he timberline glacier. About 1-2 inches of new snow by the time I left at 7:30. Winds were moving stuff around pretty good. Felt like december with icy pistes, grass poking up and temps in the mid 20s.

Got a sense it's all going melt out by the end of next week. There was LOTS of water still running under the snow.

Winter gets off the mat and staggers to its corner. One last jab tonight?

Snowing moderately. Dusting down.

Caught a heavy band of snow driving between manchester and rutland. Almost whiteout at times.

Weekend should be nice. 4" last night. Maybe something tonight. The way its been all winter. Despite the lack of snow overall, the timing has been good for weekend turns in the greens.

Yeah the first hour was madness. It's let up quite a bit now.

The whole thing has been all giant super fluffy flakes that stack up nicely. You can walk through it like it's not even there.

Short term models are picking up the signal pretty well. 21z SREF was hitting on higher probabilities of the DGZ being greater than 100 mb for southern NH. Confirms those higher ratios.

Precip moved away on radar but it's still snowing lightly.

Up to 7.25"

My father took the plow off his truck a few days ago and left his tools out tonight. He's going to wake up and then meltdown in a little over 3 hours.

Holy crap... did you say 4.5" in an hour earlier?

Had some good 1/2sm to even 1/4sm vis at BTV over to MPV but nothing near those snowfall rates.

Right around 2" here in Stowe village... very, very fluffy stuff. Very similar to our usual upslope high ratio snow. It almost looks chunky on the top due to the massive dendrites and the way they stack up, not smooth like needles or smaller flakes.

2-3 on top of the 3 from yesterday...that's going to make stowe excellent today and tomorrow in the warming spring conditions. Awesome that I get to work at my desk all weekend.

Long range models showing some cool thoughts midweek with "backdoor" cold from low off the east keeping 850s below 0c tues night thru thurs am. Not that it really matters as long range is absurdly warm. My only hope is that if we do go warm damnit let it be warm and dry and sunny. Nothing is worse than 55, breezy, and humid. PUKE.

2-3" at the mountain... folks from the Montpelier area are coming in saying around 4" there.

Yeah just went out and measured, 4.5 inches here in Barre Town. That's 6.5 inches on the last 2 days. Considering that there is very little snow left around here even in the woods, this is like scoring baskets in the last minute when you are down by 30. It is beautiful though and I will be headed up to Stowe in a while to do some snowmobiling in it.

LOL...Scott has me beat by a little bit, but I'll take my 2.3" and counting. The water equiv is only 0.09" so it's roughly 25:1. Scott...that reminds me of the NORLUN in Dec 07 that dropped 14" here. At least you're able to gain on me after your October disaster.

Yeah just went out and measured, 4.5 inches here in Barre Town. That's 6.5 inches on the last 2 days. Considering that there is very little snow left around here even in the woods, this is like scoring baskets in the last minute when you are down by 30. It is beautiful though and I will be headed up to Stowe in a while to do some snowmobiling in it.

There isn't much snow left in the fields in town... hope you mean some higher elevation spots around here. Woods still have solid cover but a lot of the fields between here and Morrisville got torched pretty good by the sun from the top, and dirt from the bottom.

Archived