joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daffadils and crocus (sp?) have been up and bloomed for weeks now, but every single flowering tree here is in full bloom, and the grass is green and growing. This is the earliest - by far - in my memory of these occuring. We had a perfectly clear, windless mid-March night, yet the overnight low fell only to 58F - 5 degrees above the "normal" daytime high. Unreal.

No.

And its going to be much worse going forward. Not near cold enough over the winter to have controlled the numbers.

Best reason to root for the potential cold snap near the end of the month at the GFS has been teasing for the past few days. Let all the bugs come out of their hidey-holes and then WHAMMO! 1 week of sub-freezing lows and highs in the 40s. That would be some effective insecticide.

Best reason to root for the potential cold snap near the end of the month at the GFS has been teasing for the past few days. Let all the bugs come out of their hidey-holes and then WHAMMO! 1 week of sub-freezing lows and highs in the 40s. That would be some effective insecticide.

If it's gonna get that cold then I'd like some late season snow, even if it's not much.

Was all the bugs yesterday normal? It was a bit absurd.

No. As RodneyS posted elsewhere, we're on track to a top 2 all-time Met winter around here. Anomalous.

This year is the only time I have ever had pen to paper to log a trace snow observation when I realized it was some bugs flying around the light outside and not one of the stray snows showers that was in the area. Just wrong.

Archived