Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Medium Range Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was off the scale in Weeks 2 and 3. We were definitely >9F for the anomalies, but I couldn't tell exactly how warm

looking at the EC around day 10 it looks like epic torch is setting up shop at the end...

love the +8 850's to Labrador. :lol:

So, all that consternation I had about the Roundy products a few weeks ago? Pretty unnecessary. Roundy's stuff now does bring the MJO to P7, but then looks to rebuild the wave over the Maritime Continent. Eventually, that will no longer be a torch signal as the wavelengths shorten in the Spring, but for now, I think it will make March toasty.

It only took till March for everyone to come to the dark side :thumbsup:

I think for most folks who post here, the attitude is that if it isn't going to snow - it might as well be sunny and warm. Of course, I think we've still got some time to go before seeing these sundresses and bikinis being talked about. :P

Once we get into March, I pretty much stop looking for wintry weather and welcome any 60+ degree days. As long as I don't have to break out the lawn mower before April, it's all good.

You all have a good spring and summer. See you next fall. High heat, high humidity, a thunderstorm followed by more high heat and humidity and a Hurricane thousands of miles out in the Atlantic add up to boring. :sleepy: Hopefully Mr El Nino shows up soon so we can troll Adam unmercifully next winter as snow piles up to our roof tops and he freezes his you know what off. :whistle:

You all have a good spring and summer. See you next fall. High heat, high humidity, a thunderstorm followed by more high heat and humidity and a Hurricane thousands of miles out in the Atlantic add up to boring. :sleepy: Hopefully Mr El Nino shows up soon so we can troll Adam unmercifully next winter as snow piles up to our roof tops and he freezes his you know what off. :whistle:

I love a good thunderstorm. I would put it only a notch below a foot + snowstorm on my list of favorite weather events.

I love a good thunderstorm. I would put it only a notch below a foot + snowstorm on my list of favorite weather events.

Yea but how long does a good thunderstorm last? Do you go out in the yard and build a Thunderstorm Man? Have any thunderstorm ball fights? Ever shovel a thunderstorm? Ever track a thunderstorm on the models for seven days? ;)

Yea but how long does a good thunderstorm last? Do you go out in the yard and build a Thunderstorm Man? Have any thunderstorm ball fights? Ever shovel a thunderstorm? Ever track a thunderstorm on the models for seven days? ;)

You can do that in the plains. Actually a couple summers back I think they did that up in northeast Jersey.

Why does warm weather hurt pears?

If there is a subsequent freeze, depending upon how far the blossoms have progressed (because of the warm weather), the freeze could kill the blossoms and there goes the fruit. Once they get past a certain point, they are not there yet, they get susceptible to any sub freezing temps. Peaches run out of the gate pretty fast also.

Why does warm weather hurt pears?

Last freeze is not until 4/15/ and we can get frosts up to 5/15. The odds are stacked highly against fruit bearing trees because the sensitivity to the flowers and or buds being damaged by prolong freezing temps, especially when they are completely flowered out and its not even April yet.

The honeybees were pollinating my ***** willow tree this morning. The green ash and willow trees are starting to bud. Allergy season will be a real b**ch for many.

If there is a subsequent freeze, depending upon how far the blossoms have progressed (because of the warm weather), the freeze could kill the blossoms and there goes the fruit. Once they get past a certain point, they are not there yet, they get susceptible to any sub freezing temps. Peaches run out of the gate pretty fast also.

Outside of maybe this weekend, and that might be pushing it, are you worried about more freezes? I don't see any signs of freeze potential in the MR all the way out through early April (though, to be fair, I would have missed Tuesday morning in the MR)

Outside of maybe this weekend, and that might be pushing it, are you worried about more freezes? I don't see any signs of freeze potential in the MR all the way out through early April (though, to be fair, I would have missed Tuesday morning in the MR)

That's the thing. It only takes one cold morning.

Yup. Like Ray posted, all you need is a 1040 high sitting over you for one night. In NJ the sandy soil in the Pine Barrens, they radiate like crazy.

Yup. Like Ray posted, all you need is a 1040 high sitting over you for one night. In NJ the sandy soil in the Pine Barrens, they radiate like crazy.

The people who like warm winters seem to forget about people whose income depends on having snow and cold. Landscapers who depend on snow removel to get them through the winter are in bad shape right now. And like you mentioned about fruit trees, I was at Cherry Hill Orchards yesterday. It is a local grower here in Lancaster County. They are very concerned about the potential for a devastating freeze this spring. One night is all it takes to ruin a year. That is why i tell people who live up this way who hate the cold in the winter time. Move south.

Archived