SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Medium Range Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I was already doing that looking at the prog ;)

:lol: I'm so ready for this "winter" to end. I would look forward to spring every year, however i know the 90's with dew points of 75 always follow close behind. My ideal year would start in September and end in April.

30 day temperature anomaly forecast at PHL:

Feb 15-Feb 29: +6

Mar 1-Mar 15: +10

Verification for the Feb 15-29 period: +5.67

30 day temperature forecast at PHL:

Mar 1-Mar 15: +8, down from +10

Mar 16-Mar 30: +6, but with a high bust potential in both directions.

Verification for the Feb 15-29 period: +5.67

30 day temperature forecast at PHL:

Mar 1-Mar 15: +8, down from +10

Mar 16-Mar 30: +6, but with a high bust potential in both directions.

The EC & UK long range modeling would be the bust warm...GFS bust cold?

The EC & UK long range modeling would be the bust warm...GFS bust cold?

More concerned with MJO heading to P7 and especially P8 the last 5-7 days of the month. I can envision a scenario where we average below normal the last week of the month under CAD while DCA ends up +5.

As you said though, we could just as easily end up torching all the way through and I could bust by 5 degrees on the low side.

More concerned with MJO heading to P7 and especially P8 the last 5-7 days of the month. I can envision a scenario where we average below normal the last week of the month under CAD while DCA ends up +5.

As you said though, we could just as easily end up torching all the way through and I could bust by 5 degrees on the low side.

What happens if we enter the MJO circle of death (GFS' MJO prediction)?

I'm still trying to get a better handle on MJO impacts when the wave weakens in certain areas...

What happens if we enter the MJO circle of death (GFS' MJO prediction)?

I'm still trying to get a better handle on MJO impacts when the wave weakens in certain areas...

Who looks at the GFS? :P

In all seriousness, at that point you'd have to look at other teleconnections, in this case, I'd start my forecast from a base of March weak Ninas and a weak to moderate +AO. That gets us warm but not super torchy.

Re: the MJO, the Roundy stuff looks off to me and has for the last week or so, but this is another statistical projection that seems on point to me. You have to extrapolate from D20, but I think you get the idea of the uncertainty at the end of the month (look at the way the convection dampens as it gets to the dateline, but still significant subsidence over the IO).

http://cawcr.gov.au/staff/mwheeler/maproom/OLR_modes/fmaps.5day.MJO.gif

Archived