• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Medium Range Thread

tombo82685

After the thu/fri system, cool down and then moderate for the President's Day storm per GFS (which is modeled to be kinda weak as of the 0z run last night).

Generally milder in the extended range (post 240) with perhaps a one-two day cold shot mixed in.

You can see where we are heading, the Pacific is trending more zonal again, which as the month goes along now makes more sense (breaking down the PNA too quickly this week is not a modeling shocker) as the MJO wave moves along. The NAO is outlooked to become more negative (or less positive), that I'll believe it when it happens.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm, a battle of the global models once again. Euro with a KU storm next weekend, GFS weak and OTS, GGEM in the middle (sort of). Another pattern change on the way it appears which supports Tony's post re: Pacific zonal flow.

lolwut

You haven't seen the last two runs of the Euro have you. The Thu-Fri system wouldn't qualify as KU-able and the weekend system is a total miss around here.

Yo Pro's, Met's and experts. What are the chances that it doesn't rain late Thursday/Friday?

My son wants to ski Friday on his day off. Thought about Thursday night as a backup in case rain holds off till early Friday.

Going off the GFS alone it still looks like rain later Thursday into Friday am :(.

I like Iceman's 15 to be perfectly honest and like the others this past winter right or wrong I'll post the final answer on Monday or Tuesday.

Getting back to our part of the world, 4th straight run (and 3rd different state) that the Euro norluns on Saturday.

NYC Verification, lowest temp sun/mon mornings was 20F, I was 5F too cold. I didn't give a Boston min temp outlook, but it looks like theirs was 16F.

Yo Pro's, Met's and experts. What are the chances that it doesn't rain late Thursday/Friday?

My son wants to ski Friday on his day off. Thought about Thursday night as a backup in case rain holds off till early Friday.

Going off the GFS alone it still looks like rain later Thursday into Friday am :(.

Seems about right to me...

27 this morning...

At the time of the single digit posting (up from 0F), the Upton office had a low of 25F for Central Park this morning.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=PFMOKX&e=201202081121

I read in that NYC thread that he was also chirping about taking the "point and clickers" to the woodshed again. Tom Coughlin said it best talk is cheap.

I've been enjoying bump trolling his tweets this morning ;)

:whistle:

At anyrate, getting back to the future, over the next two weeks, don't see anything terribly overt tempwise. It looks like the Canadian side is holding down the week2 temp anomalies on the NAEFS, but with the MJO rapidly exiting phase8 would think next week might verify warmer than progged once we get past PD weekend. You have become much better than me with the GWO, there is no asian mt, is the tropical torqueing enough to maybe give us another cold shot (or is that this weekend's?)?

:whistle:

At anyrate, getting back to the future, over the next two weeks, don't see anything terribly overt tempwise. It looks like the Canadian side is holding down the week2 temp anomalies on the NAEFS, but with the MJO rapidly exiting phase8 would think next week might verify warmer than progged once we get past PD weekend. You have become much better than me with the GWO, there is no asian mt, is the tropical torqueing enough to maybe give us another cold shot (or is that this weekend's?)?

I think that is going to be this weekend's shortie. After that, we're into P2, which is warm east of the Appalachians in a Nina. Asian MT tanked last week, so we should get a strong +EPO response out of it, too. Then it's back to P4-5-6 for the first half of March.

I think that is going to be this weekend's shortie. After that, we're into P2, which is warm east of the Appalachians in a Nina. Asian MT tanked last week, so we should get a strong +EPO response out of it, too. Then it's back to P4-5-6 for the first half of March.

60's at least? or 1st sign's of hitting 70?

At the time of the single digit posting (up from 0F), the Upton office had a low of 25F for Central Park this morning.

http://mesonet.agron...&e=201202081121

I read in that NYC thread that he was also chirping about taking the "point and clickers" to the woodshed again. Tom Coughlin said it best talk is cheap.

We had some clouds move in around 10-1030pm and the temp went up from 26 to 28 between 10 and midnight, so 25 is not that far off.

Upton 1

JB 0

Archived