Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Medium Range Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's possible. Means go from 46 to 51 over the course of the 1st-15th. I don't see any cold signals at all for that first half of March.

Then again, as we go into spring, a lot of the winter teleconnections start to lose their significance. By this time, it's not much help to look at the stratosphere for example, so I'm basing the entire forecast on the MJO, PDO, warm Atlantic SSTs, and no snow in Canada to develop cold air masses. We'll see.

I mean, it's possible. Means go from 46 to 51 over the course of the 1st-15th. I don't see any cold signals at all for that first half of March.

post-105-0-90749400-1329307513.gif

Based on the EC from last night we'd be entering phase 3 right around the last few days of Feb...perhaps the torch's arrival for March 6th on?

oooo a bl issue coastal at hr 177 on the GFS last night.

The more impressive feature on the models last night was that deep low in the Northern Plains at hr 216+ on the Euro from last night. That looks fun to drive in a semi through.

We have had so many issues this winter that our issues have had issues.

Today's 12z gfs run sure looks like that its in mode conflict with the mjo and teleconnection indices.

Archived