Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

BOARD UPGRADE   07/13/2016

As you have noticed, the board has been given a major upgrade.  There are still currently a lot of processes running in the background to complete the upgrade so expect some slow periods.  If you come across any errors, please feel free to post in the Forum Info forum to let us know.  IMPORTANT: YOU MUST LOGIN WITH YOUR DISPLAY NAME.  LOGIN NAMES ARE NO LONGER USED TO LOGIN. Thanks for your patience today!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EasternUSWX

Central PA Thread

1,206 posts in this topic

Lowest of the season for me this morning. Got down to -10.8°F @ 750AM. I wonder if we can match that tonight if the skies stay clear. Right now it is already colder than last night, currently at 4.7°F.

Todays 12z Euro was trolling a potential marginal moderate snowfall for the north and maybe central this coming weekend. You know how that goes this winter.. at any rate I still would be on the lookout late week for some kind of a wave to run along the increasing gradient as the warm air starts trying to press out the the cold air thats left and perhaps salvage a bit of snow that would immediately die a painful death the following week. With that said warmth the last couple major model cycles (0&12z GFS and 12z Euro) was not as ridiculous as it had been. Yea it'll be warm, but reopening the swimming pools probably gets put on hold. Still looks to be some days in the 50s next week.

This pattern is just hellbent on sucking this winter. If we were to rewind back to last winter, we opened up with a significant -NAO/AO that picked right back up where if had left off in 09/10. And when the NAO/AO started to level off in Jan, a +PNA took over keeping us mainly cold thru half of February. It could've done better in the snow department in places but it was probably about the longest stretch of consistent cold weather I can think of. This winter we've had a really positive NAO/AO and only a mildly positive PNA and a -EPO. And now with a somewhat better outlook on the AO and meh on the NAO, the PNA is taking a sizeable dive into pretty negative territory. The western slopes ought to be having some great skiiing/boarding in the next couple weeks.

Some of us can't even get the over running events to work in our favor. smh

Haha i was just messin with ya. Yea lookin at the 21z SREF's that looks about the amount of wintry precip you might see with this next system. Probably will see some advisories up north and in the Pocono's for some freezing rain before it all goes over to rain. Hopefully we just get thru the system without alot of overall QPF.

Haha i was just messin with ya. Yea lookin at the 21z SREF's that looks about the amount of wintry precip you might see with this next system. Probably will see some advisories up north and in the Pocono's for some freezing rain before it all goes over to rain. Hopefully we just get thru the system without alot of overall QPF.

Oh I know.