Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casting call for Weather All Access

If any of you would like to take part in my series let me know. All you would have to do is send video of yourself preparing for a storm, during the storm footage, and after storm analysis. It will be added to that episode.

Episode being made right now is about this winter and how bad it has been. If you want to be in this episode send video talking about your thoughts on this winter, and maybe some footage of the upcoming rain also send in some footage of bare ground or whatever it looks like around your residence, and if it is good it will be on. Thanks!

13.5 inches here and still snowing. Perrysburg will be over 30 inches by time this one is over with.

Latest Snow Totals:

http://www.crh.noaa....at=ci&version=1

Well at least you should be good to go with keeping a good bit of your snowpack when that early week b.s storm warms things up for a day or two.

Some rumblings of a clipper system and/or some WAA precip on the models toward the end of the upcoming week as the warmth starts making a press toward the northeast in advance of July making an appearance in the following week.

What an enjoyable 24 hours for me. I've never experienced a prolonged lake effect event, but was fortunate enough to get a snow squall on the PA Turnpike coming off a ridgetop. Here in Pittsburgh we have about 2" of a very fine, powdery snow on the ground and it's really cool to watch the bands descend on the city, wink the skyscrapers out, and then coat the neighborhood. Gosh, I'm an addict! :snowing:

post-1389-0-76582500-1326587644.jpg

EDIT: For those of you who may be curious what vehicle this is, it is a Mega Bus. I take this every weekend to see the gf in Pitt and only spend $47.50 round trip. Compared to the $33 round trip for just turnpike tolls, it's a steal.

Well at least you should be good to go with keeping a good bit of your snowpack when that early week b.s storm warms things up for a day or two.

Some rumblings of a clipper system and/or some WAA precip on the models toward the end of the upcoming week as the warmth starts making a press toward the northeast in advance of July making an appearance in the following week.

Isn't that the truth - this is a pattern that can produce 60+ degree temps. Some of the runs of the GFS have been some of the most remarkable January runs I have ever seen. It's hard to believe the 0C line at 850 could stay north of us for so many days at a time.

That being said, if they're setting records in Alaska for the most snow, someone needs to set records on the other side of the coin... :lol:

test8.gif

There they are... diving south. 38 dbz showing up at times. Probably will begin to die out in the next couple hours.

10ncfok.png

Isn't that the truth - this is a pattern that can produce 60+ degree temps. Some of the runs of the GFS have been some of the most remarkable January runs I have ever seen. It's hard to believe the 0C line at 850 could stay north of us for so many days at a time.

That being said, if they're setting records in Alaska for the most snow, someone needs to set records on the other side of the coin... :lol:

Just in time for the New Orleans AMS conference. :sizzle:

Archived