Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Snow Totals To Date - 2011/12

Kevin W

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19.8" Southbury, CT. 7.5" this week, 12.3" from October snowstorm lol

I'm in Ayer ...not far from the Town's center, and had 3.0 just about right on the dot

Today's 2" put me at 50.5" for the season. 26.8" of it October.

I just added you 3 to the list. You can now update it yourself, if you wish.

I also updated several others. Thanks to those who do it themselves. It's a big help.

Still seeing a lot of zeros!

Tip, I put 3" in for you but I'm sure that's not for the season.

Cool that Oakdale Ct near the coast has as much OTGas you for today anyway.

Yeah at some point someone down there always has just as much if not more snow on the ground than we do... heck most of January last year all of SNE had more on the ground than we did. We build it slowly but surely and max out in late March usually. We've now had over a month of continuous snow cover since before Christmas, and although its only a foot deep, there's like 7 different layers in there, lol. The bottom 6-7" is rock hard to the point that you can pretty much walk on it.

Crappy picture, but this is the depth right now at 800ft.

At my measuring boards at the ski resort we are currently at:

Station ID: HRDV1

3,014ft...95"

Station ID: BRNV1

1,549ft...67"

Very depressing to compare to other years...

At this date last year we were at 168" at 3,000ft, and 108" at 1,500ft... finished the season with 332" at 3,000ft and 218" at 1,500ft.

In 2009-2010 we were the closest to this year with 116" at 3,000ft and 80" at 1,500ft...and we finished only 220" for the year at 3,000ft. The worst snowfall year since 2001-2002. This year is looking to beat that as our lowest snowfall in 15 years. The funny thing is 09-10 was the lowest in the last 14 years because of suppression, not warmth like this year. That's why I fear suppression just as much as these types of patterns.

Back in 2008-2009 we were in the midst of one long storm cycle all January that totalled 111" for the month. On this date that year we had a cumulative snowfall of 195" and then between this date and the end of January '09, we picked up another 40" of snowfall. By the end of January we had a cumulative snowfall of 235" on the upper mountain. I remember it felt pretty good to be sitting that good going into Feb and March. Then March was the least snowiest March on record with only 28" and we finished with 352" of snowfall on the season. We were on pace for a 400+ year.

• 2 weeks later...

At my measuring boards at the ski resort we are currently at:

Station ID: HRDV1

3,014ft...95"

Station ID: BRNV1

1,549ft...67"

Big change over the past 9 days, averaging over 3"/day at the HRDV1 station. 9 day total is 29" with 124" cumulative now. Down at BRNV1 that same time period has seen 19" with 86" cumulative.

Down at 800ft in the village we are at 63".

• 3 weeks later...

lol

Not sure if you mean that you're still getting nickled and dimed this winter or if you're adding 5" to 10" of snow.

Well after last night's .7 I am now up to 52.7 inches on the season with only two storms over 3.5 inches that I can remember. I remember getting 5.5 with a frontal passage gone crazy and for the Thanksgiving week storm. Compared to everywhere else though I can't complain. I haven't bothered to check to see how much is on the ground at this point. I would estimate about 5 inches in the undisturbed area in my fenced in vegetable garden based on how high it is up the raised beds. Now whether you would still call that bullet proof frozen mass "snow" may be a whole other question.

Futility lives!

I got a light coating......fine by me.

I must say, it's been a lovely week.......got to see some silver dollar flakes on Wed night, and now a little hint of snowcover just to remind me of what it looks like, yet my record remains intact.

I CAN in fact have my eggrole and eat it, too.

Archived