Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle for the ages today. High starting point and advantageous DCA location vs cold air advection.

GFS MAV says yes

GFS MEX says yes

GFS raw says no

NAM MET says no

NAM raw says no

Just for those of us keeping score, all 3 airports have been 90+ since July 18th, right? Also, I can't find the thread where "heat wave" was defined, but was it that all three airports had to be 90 or above for three consecutive days, or any airport for three consecutive days, or something completely different? :unsure:

Just for those of us keeping score, all 3 airports have been 90+ since July 18th, right? Also, I can't find the thread where "heat wave" was defined, but was it that all three airports had to be 90 or above for three consecutive days, or any airport for three consecutive days, or something completely different? :unsure:

"Heat Wave" is just for one site, and it is 90+ for three days. It is a lame definition in the heart of summer, but that's what we have.

Dulles didn't make it Monday I think.

on a side note i watched the 11p news for the first time in 300 years and veronica johnson got both this yrs 90+ total wrong and last yrs to date as well in an on screen comparo. im sure most wont realize it but it was still kinda sad.

Archived