Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western/central member map

janetjanet998

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good movie, but i do want "them" to come regardless of whether or not it's built.

not to hijack the thread too much (maybe we can start another for this), but how can we get these additional members from the central and western u.s.? for those new members, how did you find us?

It may be a good new thread topic.

how to recruit new members here

for sure there are grey areas there. i tried to keep it to state lines when easy, but it's hard to put all of mo in one or the other. i'd say use the mo river, but then stl would be split. i know swMO has a bunch of posters that wouldn't want to be split with OK/AR, yet st. louis and neMO probably needs to stay with IA and IL.

Your best bet there, would be to make the split south of US 50, and West of US 63. That is a pretty good deliniation of the ozarks, with the most tangible boundaries you can find.

it would appear the map is having some technical difficulties. some of the pushpins i saved are disappearing along with the lines i mentioned. i don't have a lot of time now to dig into this, but i'll work on trying to fix this later today. so if you don't show up on there right now, don't worry.

two things:

1) added everyone

2) realized why some people were disappearing: we have so many plotted that a second page of placemarks was formed automatically, and members are now being placed on it rather than the first page. you can switch between them at the bottom of the list of members. unfortunately, i don't know any way of changing it so that everyone appears at once. does someone else know of a better mapping site i can use to replot all the members on a map at once?

Topics started/ total post

new england 25 / 5226

upstate ny pa 8 / 520

new york/philly 34 / 1485

mid atantic16 / 486

se 12 / 1160

central western36/ 2332

our group has the highest number of topics started and the 2nd highest number of total posts.

we have 20.8% of total posts, and 27.4% of total topics started

but as you can see the forum is still tilted to those silly east coasters......

79% of the total posts from American weather regional subforums come from that region despite only having 38% of the USA population.......

update

new england 64 / 14,174

upstate ny pa 18 /1832

new york/philly 95 / 6292

mid atantic 59 / 2481

se 38 / 4065

central western 60/ 6406

total 334/35250

our group has the 3rd highest number of topics started and the 2nd highest number of total posts. But NYC/Philly Metro catching up fast. One east coast storm and they will pass us up.

we have 18.7% of the total post down from 20.8% , and 18% of total topics started (down from 27.4%)

81.8% (was 79%) of the total posts from American weather regional subforums come fromthe east coast region despite only having 38% of the USA population.......

we are loosing ground against the evil east coasters

• 3 weeks later...

update

new england 64 / 14,174

upstate ny pa 18 /1832

new york/philly 95 / 6292

mid atantic 59 / 2481

se 38 / 4065

central western 60/ 6406

total 334/35250

our group has the 3rd highest number of topics started and the 2nd highest number of total posts. But NYC/Philly Metro catching up fast. One east coast storm and they will pass us up.

we have 18.7% of the total post down from 20.8% , and 18% of total topics started (down from 27.4%)

81.8% (was 79%) of the total posts from American weather regional subforums come from the east coast region despite only having 38% of the USA population.......

we are loosing ground against the evil east coasters

another update:

new england 106/32769

upstate ny/pa 22/4102

NYC/Philly 143/17709

mid atl 114/7895

SE states 67/14265

central westren 94/16266

546/93006

17.2% total topics 17.5% total post we continue to loose ground to the east coast empire we have 17.2% of the total topics down from 18% on 12/5 total posts have also fallen to 17.5% down from 18.7% just a few weeks ago. 82.8% of the total topics started and and 82.5% of total post in the regional sub forums come from the east of the apps. mnts. dispite only having 38% (likely even lower with the new census) of the US population. We are still number 3 in total postings but SE sates are catching up fast

WARNING:

intelligence reports indicate a massive East coast attack is likley during the next 5 days. This is based on satellite reports and so called "chatter" being picked up from our spies. War simulation models suggest a steady attack is likley beginning perhaps as early as today. In fact current intel suggest that east coasters are already sending out scouting missions and testing their logistics to see how many troops can attack at once. Models suggest the attack will peak out near christmas.

I suggest we hunker down to defensive positions and try to limit our looses. We cannot go head to head with the evil emplre during the winter months. We may stand a fighting chance in the severe weather months.

Archived