• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
**ANNOUNCEMENT** NON-STORM MODE: MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Would it be cheezey to post this on the main forum....or should us Upstaters be the only recipients of our self deprication?....(I'm such an attention wh0re!) ;)

Glad you guys liked it....I was LMAO writing it!!!!!

Good job my friend..a big smile on my face...

Sorry you guys got screwed by this storm, but this is the funniest thread I've ever read. Bravo!

Hey no trolling! ;-)

I am hopeful we quit losing out to the south and east. I also am thinking of getting the motorcycle ready for May now, just so I can get it done now and not have to do it with everything else. I am getting some repairs in the garage now. I heard " Glenn Falls" NY, made it on the Today show on Monday for the cold? I know we set a record at work for calls. It was very close to number 1 ( VD 07' storm) for calls. It really freaking sucked trying to start peoples vehicles all day. Most all the shops ( mechanic) said don't bother towing them in. They were buried with work already.

It's the end of win-ter as we knew it,

And we sure as heck don't feel fine.

:lol:

meh, we have 2007, everyone gets there turn i suppose.

now IF they begin to my threaten my alltime depth record (theylll need a couple more storms to get within range).....THEN i'll begin to get more cranky!

NYC is over 50" for the season and Jan. isnt even over yet... facepalm.png

True but we do have an 18-20" snowpack, can't really complain about that compared to what our friends further north are dealing with.

At least you broke the 40" mark. I'm barely over 20". :thumbsdown:

I hear ya, hang in there. I just broke 40" myself and it's frustrating to see NYC get more than us again but we're doing much better around here than last year when we were even further away from the big snowfalls except for the Snowicane, which was a real PITA for me personally.

Great Post George! LMFAO.

I'm nearing 130" for the season so I don't feel robbed. I'm one of the few here that probably can say that. It would be nice to see a respectable synoptic system pound us but

this hasn't been in the cards since VD2.0 back in ought-seven. I'm probably forgetting a 'respectable' synoptic system or two the past two winters but in general its been lean. Thank goodness for the Fake Snow that others don't want. LMFAO at such idiocy. I have to admit though, that the persistence of I-95 getting major snowstorms since 2005 is annoying to me personally. I lived in that stinking rathole for decades and could count the total # of "real"

snow storms on one hand. SInce I left earlier last decade, its been a free for all. I get more snow "by accident" here from Lake Ontario than what I received living in SE CT during the 1993 "Storm O' Century". 1996 was about the only respectable storm and even in SE CT we had about 16" when areas around us hand 50% more. It was just a murder hole for snow. Now its jack-potting several times a winter. My 3 yrs in Saratoga county were filled with extremes...the infamous non-winter of 01-02 (which was still 50% better than most I-95 winters), followed by the 02-03 blowout featuring back to back Christmas/New Years period 20+" snowstorms. That sort of made up for years of hell in SE CT, VA, NJ. Now, since it snows every other day here even in a chitty winter, I am satisfied. Let them enjoy their snow. They will return to decades of grinding misses and 3 inch "blizzards" before long.

Here's a thought for CNY and maybe nearby locales...the past two years, the month of March has featured virtually ZERO snow in the SYR area (and I think similar results @ BGM, ALB, maybe ONT, CPA, etc.). I think we got a stray inch last April but that was it for a two year period of MAR & APR. What are the chances of that repeating? I submit that they are small.

On the other hand...bad luck comes in 3's right? ;)

I submit you are off on your odds.The odds of consecutive below average snowfall-- synoptic included are higher than above average for consecutive years. It has been discussed debated and otherwise stated there is no real reason to this. It turnes out to be more of a crap shoot

IMO, we will have a much better chance of synoptic snows (whether it be more westward nor'easters or SW events) IF we continue to see the trending of the quasi-stationary Canadian PV set up further westward. There have been subtle hints within the last couple runs that in a week or so, the large scale pattern could evolve as such.

Brian, you certainly have a unique perspective wrt synoptic vs. LES chances and the excitement that comes from both.

NWS BUF

""OUR "NICKEL AND DIME" WINTER CONTINUES AS BOTH BUF AND ROC SAW

MEASURABLE SNOW AGAIN TODAY. IT WAS 10TH CONSEC DAY AND 24TH THIS

MONTH AT ROCHESTER...11TH CONSEC AND 23RD AT BUFFALO.

STILL...AMOUNTS WERE ONLY 0.2 AND 0.4 RESPECTIVELY. BUT...UNLIKE THE

EAST COAST CITIES WITH THEIR HUGE STORMS...BUF`S LARGEST DAILY

FALL HAS BEEN JUST 5.8 INCHES (DEC 6) AND ROC`S 8.3 (DEC 5).

STILL...BECAUSE OF THE AMAZING FREQUENCY...SEASONAL TOTALS ARE SLIGHTLY

ABOVE NORMAL AT BOTH CITIES...BUF 62.8...AND ROC 77.3.

STAY TUNED."

:yikes:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow....talk about perspective!!! What I would have done to accept the LES year we had last year...and like it!!!!

Honestly though, the C/W PA/NY and southern Ontario have really had a dearth of EC storms over the last 10 or so years. I remember the '80's and '90's as having "many" chances per year. It seemed like we had a couple good nor'easters per year back then (on average)...

As a matter of fact, I think it was back in the mid 80's where Syr area had back to back to back nor easters (all between 1-2') over the course of 2 weeks. I don't think we even mentioned potential once this year....and come to think of it, have we even had a true clipper????

I think I'll go head over to the "THIS WINTER SUCKS" thread....

Archived