joxey
:axe:

Ian

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this sounds crazy, but this "storm" had everything for me but the snow

7 days out, a huge hit on the GFS with the "bowling ball" idea

GFS looses it, then the Euro gives us the bomb with 1.5" qpf for a few runs, only to loose it too

a day or so before Christmas, GFS brings it back, with one run giving BWI between 1-1.5" qpf

then Christmas Day, a forecast of 6-10"

ultimately a bust with only light snow

like I said, it had everything but the snow for the snow weenie I am

as much as I would have liked the snow, and maybe its my old age (relatively speaking to most on this Board), it wasn't so bad this time

or should I say, it wasn't as bad as it used to be....and when I consider no screwed up roads thanks to inept road clearing, no complaints of "winter dumbs" by family members for being stuck in the house, no God awful melting snow, mud, crummy drivers, etc., I can't really complain; disappointed? sure, but not to the point of wanting to complain

I mean, I experienced everything but the snow with this event and it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, or feared a bust would be before the "event"

maybe its a defense mechanism I have subconsciously created, or maybe its just because I had the snow thrill satisfied w/o the snow, I don't know, but I feel content with the result

and when I read the NE forum and how the "usuals" are complaing they didn't get "their" HECS only a foot, I shake my head and thank God this hobby hasn't come to that for me...at least, not any more

anyway, its only December

Nice post, Mitchnick. I actually agree with you. For the 7 days that I followed this storm, most of the time was exciting. You had some great posts. I remember going to sleep feeling good after seeing several of those Euro runs. Then we had the GFS resurgence on Christmas Eve which brightened my spirits into Christmas day. So, you are right that the process of following this storm was rather enjoyable minus the fizzled ending. I do remember warning you earlier this month about a possible hook job storm. Hopefully, we don't get caught with following cutters and Miller B threats the rest of the winter. Not only are the end results of those types of storms terrible, but the process of following those storms is boring.

MDstorm

I don't regret missing the snow storm, though it would have been great to have it. In spite of recent years, December is not when I look for much snow in the Mid-Atlantic.

This has been an exceptionally cold month though, with a light snowfall, and a few dustings. Lots of flurries around my area on many days; single-digit lows, sub-zero wind chills, and ice on the Potomac. Really can't complain about any of that in early winter.

Get over the bust. There is potential on the horizon but make no mistake...winter patterns tend to repeat themselves. We could easily get screwed again this winter the exact same way. Get tough and grow some skin. We are going to need it

And yet here's a weenie who whined and moaned last February right after getting almost 3 feet of snow :arrowhead:

<br />Get over the bust. There is potential on the horizon but make no mistake...winter patterns tend to repeat themselves. We could easily get screwed again this winter the exact same way. Get tough and grow some skin. We are going to need it<br />
&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /<br /><br />

Don't look now, but HM recently posted about a growing threat for Jan 14-17.  However, his concern is that it may end up further east than the Blizzard.  If the storm is anymore east, I may only see partly cloudy skies instead of full overcast.  A miss further to the east, but hitting New England would open the wounds that have been healing for the last few days.

MDstorm

Get over the bust. There is potential on the horizon but make no mistake...winter patterns tend to repeat themselves. We could easily get screwed again this winter the exact same way. Get tough and grow some skin. We are going to need it

LOL. We are definitely going to need it.

I know this sounds crazy, but this "storm" had everything for me but the snow

7 days out, a huge hit on the GFS with the "bowling ball" idea

GFS looses it, then the Euro gives us the bomb with 1.5" qpf for a few runs, only to loose it too

a day or so before Christmas, GFS brings it back, with one run giving BWI between 1-1.5" qpf

then Christmas Day, a forecast of 6-10"

ultimately a bust with only light snow

like I said, it had everything but the snow for the snow weenie I am

as much as I would have liked the snow, and maybe its my old age (relatively speaking to most on this Board), it wasn't so bad this time

or should I say, it wasn't as bad as it used to be....and when I consider no screwed up roads thanks to inept road clearing, no complaints of "winter dumbs" by family members for being stuck in the house, no God awful melting snow, mud, crummy drivers, etc., I can't really complain; disappointed? sure, but not to the point of wanting to complain

I mean, I experienced everything but the snow with this event and it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, or feared a bust would be before the "event"

maybe its a defense mechanism I have subconsciously created, or maybe its just because I had the snow thrill satisfied w/o the snow, I don't know, but I feel content with the result

and when I read the NE forum and how the "usuals" are complaing they didn't get "their" HECS only a foot, I shake my head and thank God this hobby hasn't come to that for me...at least, not any more

anyway, its only December

In other words: all foreplay, no SECS. :arrowhead:

Archived