Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Colin Headed to Florida

NWNC2015

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how tropical this system is here in the Atlanta metro. Isolated Heavy downpours are training in the same exact areas now for nearly an hour. Literally just to the northeast of where I live 2-3 miles away, they've been getting crushed by the same re-developing thunderstorm for over an hour. Weather.gov shows they'e gotten nearly 3 inches of rain in the last hour. It's so bad they had to issue a flash flood warning for the area.

For me, it's been on and off every 5-10 minutes. It shifts from heavy downpour to moderate rain to heavy downpour to light rain back to heavy downpour. It's pretty cool to see and it's been happening everywhere along this axis that runs roughly south and east of Atlanta in a Northeast to Southwest line.

Here's the flash flood warning for the area:

FLASH FLOOD STATEMENT UNTIL 9:15PM EDT MON

... THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 PM EDT FOR WEST CENTRAL WALTON... NORTHEASTERN ROCKDALE AND NORTH CENTRAL NEWTON COUNTIES...

AT 337 PM EDT... DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN ACROSS THE WARNED AREA. RADAR ESTIMATES AROUND 4.25 INCHES FELL IN ONE HOUR. ALTHOUGH THE STORM HAS WEAKENED... FLASH FLOODING IS STILL A THREAT.

SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE... CONYERS... WALNUT GROVE... MILSTEAD... GUM CREEK... BIG HAYNES CREEK PARK AND YOUTH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF YOU SEE SIGNIFICANT FLOODING CALL THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TOLL FREE AT 1 8 6 6 7 6 3 4 4 6 6 OR TWEET US YOUR REPORT AT NWSATLANTA.

&&

• Issued by The National Weather Service Atlanta, GA

3:39pm EDT, Mon Jun 6

It was sure a deluge around noon in Tallahassee.  The airport ended up with just over 4.5" of rain, but I think my area NE of town (the airport is SW of town) probably got more than that looking at the radar this afternoon.  We were getting crushed in the 11 AM -1 PM timeframe.  I went out for lunch from work and there was standing water everywhere and I got soaked just walking to the car.  And it rained like that for several hours with few reprieves.

Eye wall about to pass to my east. Storm tapered off to just just waves 4-6'. Pics/Vids later.

This made me laugh.......you do know it wasn't even a tropical storm when it passed you right

bet the surf was pumped up though.....would be tough to surf though in that part of SC as the swell would be running along the beach

Archived