joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day - heavy rain threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are still east at Castle Island. Temps have risen according to my normally somewhat accurate car thermo. 67F. Air feels a little heavy. Seaweed Suffocation for any CU that develops here unless that changes.

Wiz, I hope we get some nice elevated events later this year. Lightning is always spectacular.

Winds are still east at Castle Island. Temps have risen according to my normally somewhat accurate car thermo. 67F. Air feels a little heavy. Seaweed Suffocation for any CU that develops here unless that changes.

Wiz, I hope we get some nice elevated events later this year. Lightning is always spectacular.

Yeah I'm always down for a spectacular light show...however, I'm actually not a major fan of nocturnal convection. I prefer during the day b/c you can see cloud features and such

Yeah I'm always down for a spectacular light show...however, I'm actually not a major fan of nocturnal convection. I prefer during the day b/c you can see cloud features and such

Me too. I'm just partial because everything is usually linear this far east. It's also usually decaying. So to me, better chances overall of anything interesting is with the elevated. Day of Springfield TOR had neighborhood shaking storms at 10-11pm.

I chose the ORH cell when they both formed. It failed to produce. I sat in Worcester while my other choice produced a historic tor. Still disappointed to this day. Did get pic of rotating wall cloud near some big hill and hospital or school will directed me toward.

At my parents house in southwest CT. Had about 1.5" of rain last night. We were all woken up this morning by a big tree branch falling on the driveway. Was there any wind last night? 

It may have just rotted and soaked up too much moisture.

Archived